Deep Tracks rocks your face!

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
I love this new channel...it is what The Vault always should have been! Thanks for adding this one Sirius XM!

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
When I jumped on for the XM Radio Online trial at $4.99 for 3 months, I loved this channel. There were only 2-3 other channels that I liked on XM, and now that they are all here and merged with Sirius content, I see absolutely no reason to ever sign on with XM. As a Lifetime subscriber, I feel that I have been rewarded (meaning nothing lost, more gained).

HomieG

Oct 13, 2008
Got XM in a new truck I purchased about a month ago. When I heard Arlo Guthrie's "Coming Into Los Angeles" on Deep Tracks, I knew I was hooked. Damn great channel! And glad it's on Sirius now too, for my other vehicles.

TacoKid

Oct 27, 2008
Euless, TX
www.twitter.com
I just discovered it as well. It's my new favorite channel of the moment. It is now a required preset.

Right now there is an awesome show with a great play list on:

Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invent - Let's Make the Water Black
Leroy Anderson - The Typewriter
The Move - Fields of People

I have never in my life heard these songs but now I love them! And this show!

zepped

Nov 2, 2008
Deep Tracks is far more eclectic than the Vault ever was. Any station that plays good Zappa has my vote. I love it!

Was listening a couple of nights ago and the dj sounded like he was having way more fun than I was. In fact he sounded a little lit.

HomieG

Oct 13, 2008
Been listening to Deep Tracks for the last 4 hours, and it's become my favorite in the car and truck. Glad to hear it on Sirius now too. Great playlist.

Musicologist

Nov 22, 2008
Deep Tracks is far more eclectic than the Vault ever was. Any station that plays good Zappa has my vote. I love it!

Was listening a couple of nights ago and the dj sounded like he was having way more fun than I was. In fact he sounded a little lit.

Apples and oranges. They had somewhat different formats.

The Vault delivered exactly what Sirius said it would, and with VERY FEW repeats.

Different strokes for different folks. I thoroughly enjoyed the Vault.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Reminder that this is on tonight.

Deep Tracks Undercover

Songs so good that other artists felt compelled to put their own stamp of originality on them - cover songs. It's everything from The Allman Brothers version of Stormy Monday to Zappa's irreverent read on Whipping Post. The Stones do Muddy Waters, McKendrie Springs takes on Neil Young, Yes finds new life in Simon & Garfunckel's America.

Tune In:
Tuesdays at 8PM ET
Fridays & Saturdays at 12Midnight ET

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
Thanks for the heads up, this is a cool show. I never would have imagined War covering a Beatles song, but it kind of works!

jr461

Oct 19, 2008
Northern NJ
Apples and oranges. They had somewhat different formats.

The Vault delivered exactly what Sirius said it would, and with VERY FEW repeats.

Different strokes for different folks. I thoroughly enjoyed the Vault.

I agree. I like the depth from mostly known artists that The Vault played while mixing in some more familiar tunes. With Deep Tracks, I don't even know a fair amount of the artists they play (Vinegar Joe, anyone?? :confused:). Just too obscure on a regular basis for me.

It seems that those who swear by DT prefer anything by anyone as long as they never heard it, or better yet, never heard OF it. Why does obscurity make something better or oblige one to listen. I tune in and give stuff a try, but if I don't care for it, I'm gone.

To each his own, but one more channel relegated down the list of presets for me due to the XM-ing of the classic rock lineup. Rewind is all but gone for me and Real Jazz is on the cusp. They're even in the process of destroying their own highly regarded channel, The Loft (see discussion on XMfan in the rock section). Even the Xm zealots are not happy with this one.

bwaldron

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
It seems that those who swear by DT prefer anything by anyone as long as they never heard it, or better yet, never heard OF it. Why does obscurity make something better or oblige one to listen. I tune in and give stuff a try, but if I don't care for it, I'm gone.

It's deep tracks. Although I personally have heard of most of the artists tracks played, I do indeed enjoy finding things that I may not have been aware of. For the more well-known stuff, there are the two "classic" channels as well as the decade chanels.

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
It's deep tracks. Although I personally have heard of most of the artists tracks played, I do indeed enjoy finding things that I may not have been aware of. For the more well-known stuff, there are the two "classic" channels as well as the decade chanels.

Yes, with 20 rock channels, it's not asking too much for one or two of them to be devoted to the more obscure stuff.