Daylight Saving Time Ends This Weekend

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
A gentle reminder that the time change is coming up at 2 am on November 6th, 2011. Don’t worry, though this one is the cool time change that gives you an extra hour of sleep! But still I bet you got tons of clocks to change? Unlike Hawaii and Arizona :nana: (with the exception of the Navajo Nation) and the territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa are the only places in the U.S. that do not observe DST.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Million $ question: Will Apple handle it this time? Last fall my iPhone went off either an hour early or late (can't remember which).

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
That why I live in Arizona, I don't have to deal with DST! But I agree, they should do away with it, DST for everyone. I believe, it was really created for the farmers?
It was indeed. And who needs farmers? My food comes from the grocery store, not some farm.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
That why I live in Arizona, I don't have to deal with DST! But I agree, they should do away with it, DST for everyone. I believe, it was really created for the farmers?
No Farmers generally oppose it. They contend that the cows will become confused when the time is different.

AZDude

Oct 18, 2008
Mesa, AZ
It still affects us a little. Non local programing starts an hour later, which can get annoying.

In high school we had a teacher that moved from Iowa and he freaked out because it was 7:00am and it was still dark outside. LOL. Where as over in Iowa the sun would already be out or rising.

I'm sure we had some newcomers to AZ that would show up an hour late because they didn't know about it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My parents live in Saskatchewan (another province/state where farm animals have the right to vote and have vetoed DST) and it confuses them when they can call me because the never remember whether they are 2 hours or 1 hour different. If they changed too, they would not have that problem.

Airline schedules also change since they will land and take off at the same time with regards to 98% of the country but will be different in a non-DST area.

No place is worse than Indiana. Not sure if they cleaned this up but Indiana is split into CT and ET. On top of that each county has the option of DST. So 4 different time zones possible, one state (I guess 3 CDT = EST). In 2000 we stopped to have our oil changed and asked what time it was and it turned out it was 3PM EDT there while it was 2PM CDT across the street.