Confused by the SIRIUS XM Mirge Radio? Me Too

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
They need to get a lease deal going on the radios and forget these cheap ass receivers. Something like $19.99 for the radio and service. You KNOW they want to get everyone to $20/month and they spend more money replacing these sub par pieces of electronics that make em no money to begin with. Get some solid equipment on the market and enough with the NO ANTENNA hosshit.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
They need to get a lease deal going on the radios and forget these cheap ass receivers. Something like $19.99 for the radio and service. You KNOW they want to get everyone to $20/month and they spend more money replacing these sub par pieces of electronics that make em no money to begin with. Get some solid equipment on the market and enough with the NO ANTENNA hosshit.

I totally agree with this. I've mentioned this to them in the past and it seems this has been something they've kicked around.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
I wish it had that too. I also wish on Cable TV I could just pay for the 5-10 stations I watch. But then the cable companies couldn't afford to exist.
Thats why I dont have cable, I can get my satellite TV a la carte.

Without competition satrad its doomed to become pay FM/AM, only with none of the local flair or any depth.

Whats next, reality shows on SXM?:ter::sarcasm:

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Over the 1st 10 years, yes. But having newer radios not necessarly dual band but capable of receiving the whole spectrum at some point is the more logical and cost effective way to go. I don't think this is on their radar yet.

Interoperable radios are the first step. Obviously, at some point they will settle on one compression method or the other, and start going forward. Interoperable radios are a way to begin taking those steps, without leaving people behind, and without creating more obsolete radios you have to support. I agree this isn't "on their radar" yet. The problem is, it should be. As usual they are focused on the wrong thing. It took about 2 seconds for them to merge the music content, which most subscribers were at least moderately happy with and are now pissed off and canceling over, instead of focusing on streamlining the hardware which they are loosing money on.