Compare Cell Phone Plans

Discussion in 'Mobile & Wireless' started by Wolf, May 5, 2014.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I was watching my local news and where they showed a site, where you can compare cell phone with different carriers and you can input how many lines, minutes, text and data you want.

http://www.whistleout.com/

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Nice :)

I have been looking into both AT&T & Verizon.

AT&T is cheaper if you buy your phone (phones).

Verizon has a few buy one, get one free, on Android phones :cool:

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'll be getting off my family plan and on to my own very soon. Basically $130 for 10GB of data, unlimited talk and text, and whatever I'll be paying through AT&T Next for the iPhone 6 64GB.

4. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

I'll finally be saving some money in the next several months. Last year, I updated my iPad from a wifi to a 4G + wifi iPad and I'll be saving about $35 a month, when I finally get rid of the AT&T Next. The AT&T Next is a nice program, if you want a device right then and there, if you don't enough funds. But I been paying extra on my phone bill to pay it off faster. Right now my phone bill is about $150 and should be dropping to $115, but I might change my data plan again to pay less then $100 bucks a month. I currently have three phones lines and 10GB of data, my iPhone, iPad and I have my mom on my phone plan to help her save on some money.

goreds2 likes this.
  5. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

6. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That was pretty trippy seeing him shill for the competition.

I bet that actor got paid a lot. I also wonder how long his do not compete clause was for.

7. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I think his run for Verizon lasted 11 years. Maybe a year or two

8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Now AT&T is just out of the blue giving me $15 off my bill every month, have been for the last few billing cycles. We'll see how long that lasts.

goreds2 and semipenguin like this.
  9. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

My bill is around $56 dollars a month for 1gb of data (Verizon - iPhone4). I have never gone over the limit probably because I do not have a Facebook or Twitter account? I do stream my work email through it.

10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I switched to Verizon prepaid a while back, they have a plan that's $70 with unlimited talk and text, along with 10GB of data. That would be enough for me. They'll also take my old AT&T iPhone 6S Plus and put a new sim card in it, and activate it on their network. Saves me from having to pony up for a new phone.

I hardly ever stream outside the confines of Wifi, only when listening to Apple Music in the car.

11. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

12. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Verizon can bite my taint.
    Those a-holes forced me off of my unlimited a couple of years ago when I bought my last phone.
    Anything to try to drive up my bill.
    I'm betting that they will have a bunch of other conditions besides auto pay that will keep people away from the unlimited. plan.

V-bags.....

13. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

That cool, by right companies shouldn't have eliminated the unlimited data plans. The towers can technically handle them now. Now AT&T just need to open there unlimited data doors to the public and not to DIRECTV users only. Even though I am a AT&T and DIRECTV user, I wouldn't mind them lowering there data plan bill to compete against the other companies better, I believe the combined plan starts at $100.

semipenguin likes this.
  14. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'll probably be jumping on this one considering my plan now is $10 more for 16GB (18 if you include the bonus GBs when I signed up) than the unlimited plan will be. I already have paperless billing, all I need now is auto pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semipenguin likes this.
  15. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Actually I'm wrong, I made the switch this morning and my plan went down by $25. Not a bad price drop.

16. scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar arrogant bastard

You seem bitter. I don't understand the "entitled" attitude people get, when they sign-up for some unlimited plan - whether it be Verizon or a Sirius XM lifetime sub - and then, years down the road, the offer comes to an end. If you had unlimited data on a 3G plan, that's like night-and-day compared to 4G LTE. Technology changes, life moves on.
    Not true. Even today, they're reporting that Verizon's network is not able to handle much of an increase in data. So they certainly couldn't have handled it a few years ago.

Here's some food for thought: Over the last 3 years or so, I've gone from 8gb to 18gb for the 4 phones on our plan. I remember being on the 8gb plan several years ago, and I could stream Sirius many hours per week. Now I can't stream at all if I want to stay under 18gb. It's the same reason that your computer now needs 8 gig of RAM to work properly, when a few years ago you could get by with 256 meg.

semipenguin likes this.
  17. scotchandcigar

BTW, the unlimited data plan they just introduced is $180 for my family plan ($45/line), which is the same as my $100 for 18gb plus $20/line. However, I get a 20% discount on the data now, which saves $20. If they gave me 20% off the new plan, that would save $36. I'll have to ask.

18. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

A lifetime plan is just that. An unlimited plan is not implied to be lifetime. Reneging on a lifetime plan is changing terms and conditions. Not offering a lifetime plan with a new phone is not.

19. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The V-bags nickel and dime for everything.
    There's no loyalty to existing customers.

That, and I haven't said that anybody can bite my taint in a long time.

scotchandcigar and semipenguin like this.
  20. scotchandcigar

They can get away with it, because they have the best coverage, despite the douchebag ad campaign that tries to confuse people into thinking that "reliability" is the same thing as "coverage".

HecticArt likes this.