College Hoops

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I figured we should get a thread going that wasn't just UNC-specific.

Normally, I can't get into the basketball season until college footbal's regular season is in the books. But this 24 hour marathon that ESPN has been putting on has already gotten me excited for the season.

I just got done watching the Davidson/Oklahoma game. Stephen Curry poured in 44 points and Blake Griffin scored 25 and added 20 rebounds. Davidson was down by over 20 in the second half and almost came back to win. Curry can shoot the ball from anywhere on the court and doesn't even need an inch to get his shot off. He's my favorite player to watch for sure. Yeah, he looks like he's in junior high, but don't let that fool you!

p1_curry.jpg

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Pretty good game. There's a few Davidson guys that can hit that three. And they were tanked from the pace of the game. Stephan Curry had three fouls in the first half. That didn't help. Good showing. Oklahoma will probably win the NIT.

Few thoughts:
UNC Asheville won. It is unfortunate that Kenny George's career ended prematurely.
ESPN sure has a lot of GameDay analysts. Hubert, Jay, Digger and Knight.
Despite all the male worship of Erin Andrews, she is a good sideline reporter.
Everything I heard about Indiana was that they were going to be terrible, yet they're already 2-0.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Everything I heard about Indiana was that they were going to be terrible, yet they're already 2-0.

Well no offense to Northwestern State or IUPUI, but they're not exactly the Michigan States or Purdues of the world. It'll be a struggle for Indiana inside conference this season, no doubt. They lost their head coach, Eric Gordon, and D.J. White...it'll take a while for them to build the program back up again. But Tom Crean should be able to win eventually...it's not difficult to sell kids on the Indiana brand.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Weird ending in the highlights of the UAB/Arizona game. Arizona tied the game with about two minutes left but two different AZ players grabbed fouled thinking they were still behind. The second foul cost them the game.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I figured we should get a thread going that wasn't just UNC-specific.

Stephen Curry poured in 44 points. Davidson was down by over 20 in the second half and almost came back to win. Curry can shoot the ball from anywhere on the court and doesn't even need an inch to get his shot off. He's my favorite player to watch for sure. Yeah, he looks like he's in junior high, but don't let that fool you!

p1_curry.jpg

Yes, he is fun to watch. I wonder how much interest NBA teams will have in him.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
acc_challengelogo.gif

The annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge tipped off yesterday when Wisconsin squeaked one out against Virginia Tech. It continues tonight with a slate of games, most notably Duke and Purdue in West Lafayette. Really looking forward to that game tonight. Tough back-to-back games this early on in the season for Purdue. They played Oklahoma last week and lost to them in overtime, now they get the Blue Devils.

Since '99 when the ACC/Big Ten Challenge started, the ACC has never lost.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Duke/Purdue...not as good a game as I had hoped it would be. Scheyer and Singler look pretty good.

Deacon

Oct 14, 2008
14.4 miles from Pepe's Pizza
I find the early part of the NCAA season to be pretty boring. It's mostly overmatched (with a few exceptions) parings and not too exciting.

Talk to me in January when conference play starts!

...Go UCONN!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I find the early part of the NCAA season to be pretty boring. It's mostly overmatched (with a few exceptions) parings and not too exciting.

You've been missing out. Oklahoma/Davidson, Purdue/Oklahoma, Tennessee/Gonzaga, Notre Dame/Texas, UCLA/Michigan. Just a few of the games so far that immediately come to mind.

I usually can't get into college bball until January either, but it's got me hooked early this season.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I usually wait until March to start paying attention to college basketball.
I love tournament time!

That's my favorite time of the year. My birthday is on the 18th, St. Patrick's Day is on the 17th, and when I was in school, it meant spring break. And then of course you have March Madness to go with it all.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
acc_challengelogo.gif

The annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge tipped off yesterday when Wisconsin squeaked one out against Virginia Tech. It continues tonight with a slate of games, most notably Duke and Purdue in West Lafayette. Really looking forward to that game tonight. Tough back-to-back games this early on in the season for Purdue. They played Oklahoma last week and lost to them in overtime, now they get the Blue Devils.

Since '99 when the ACC/Big Ten Challenge started, the ACC has never lost.

3-3 The Big10 is hanging in there. Tough breaks for Illinois and Iowa. Great to see the Badgers hang on at VT. It was so disappointing to see them overmatched in the Paradise Jam championship against UConn but I'll take a road win against an ACC team anytime.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I just got done watching the Davidson/Oklahoma game. Stephen Curry poured in 44 points Curry can shoot the ball from anywhere on the court and doesn't even need an inch to get his shot off. He's my favorite player to watch for sure. Yeah, he looks like he's in junior high, but don't let that fool you!

p1_curry.jpg

Tonight, he was off his game only scoring 27. :eek:

Davidson won by 3 over WVU.