College football - Week 13 (Rivalry Week)

Discussion in 'NCAA (All Sports)' started by AJ_II, Nov 21, 2008.

1. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Well it's rivalry week inside college football, but the biggest game of the weekend features two teams who aren't traditionally rivals. It'll be the fifth time this season that two top 10 Big XII schools face off when Texas Tech takes on Oklahoma in Norman. Tech is a touchdown dog going into the game, but if they can pull it off, they clinch the Big XII South title and are one step closer to the BCS Title Game in Miami.

Other interesting games to look for...

-BYU @ Utah (they call it the "Holy War", and this year's version has BCS implications. Too bad most of America won't be able to see it...who gets "The Mountain" channel???)

-Citadel @ Florida (if they wanted, I'm sure the Gators could put up 100 this weekend)

-Michigan State @ Penn State (PSU clinches a Rose Bowl berth with a win)

-Michigan @ Ohio State (one of the best rivalries in sports...don't expect the game to be very good though)

-Mississippi @ LSU (Ole Miss is making a push for a New Year's Day bowl...wouldn't be shocked if they beat LSU).

-Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati (winner takes control of the Big East)

-Oregon State @ Arizona (tough game for the Beavers...two more wins and they're in the Rose Bowl)

-Washington @ Washington State (probably the worst Apple Cup ever. Here's something interesting for ya...Washington, an 0-10 team, is favored by SEVEN points ON THE ROAD!!! I've never seen anything like it!)

-Texas A&M @ Texas (this game isn't until Thanksgiving night, but I'll include it here anyway. Believe it or not, but A&M has actually won the last two meetings. Can't see their streak continuing though this year. A&M is atrocious under Mike Sherman so far.)

So thankfully, there's a lot of good games to keep me occupied on Saturday while I'm waiting for the Texas Tech game to come on. Can't wait...go Tech!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

This one has me worried! Which Tiger team will show up? Which QB? The good Jarrett Lee or the bad Jarrett Lee? :shock:

3. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

I didn't realize there was a good Jarrett Lee. I think he's thrown more touchdowns to the opposing teams than his own this season! He'll be hard-pressed to find the field next season...I think Jordan Jefferson is probably LSU's QB of the future.

But yeah, I know what you're saying. Will we see the LSU from the first 3 quarters of last week's game, or will it be the LSU from the 4th quarter that scored 30 points?

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

When's USC - Notre Dame?...:scratch:

5. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Aaron, yesterday was not a good day for either of us :cry:

6. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I was thinking the same thing!

- Oklahoma was certainly ready to play last night! The Big 12 South is a powerhouse this year.

- My Tigers... eh, not worth mentioning, they're just not a good team at all right now. :shock:

- Personally glad to see Notre Dame lose, I want Weis out of there.

- Did they really storm the field after the Apple Cup? :right:
    I know it's always great to beat your in-state rival, particularly in dramatic fashion... but to storm the field after beating a winless team!?!

7. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Thanks goodness, my thoughts of this being a close game was not to be. It was 14-7 OSU at halftime as this netted me $100 in a football poll. (Final OSU 42 Mich 7)

This is the Buckeyes 5th straight win vs Michigan as they (Michigan) dominated us during OSU's John Cooper era. (1988-2000)

It was a hard hitting game as usual.

GO BUCKS.

8. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

That was a real fun game. I was loving every minute of it. I don't know if you've seen The Karate Kid or not,but when Boechman went in and they were about to score I was yelling "Sweep the leg Jimmy, NO MERCY!!!!!!" It was a great game and I'm proud of the Buckeyes. I know a lot of people keep saying enjoy it now. Now I'm not a cocky Buckeye fan by any means,but I've been hearing that for 5 seasons now. I think Rich Rod will get his shit together,but right now this is fun. We Buckeye fans deserve this after living through the Cooper era. Go Bucks!!!!

9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Sorry about Texas Tech & LSU. I was hoping for TT to go the the BIG XII Title game.

Now that the OSU Beavers only have one game left to play, they are almost a lock for the PAC 10 Title & a trip to the Rose Bowl. No chance of USC going to the BCS Championship Game no matter what happens to Alabama or Texas or Oklahoma...:(

Guess it's going to have to be another year before we get an SEC - PAC 10 BCS Championship Game match up...:scratch:

10. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Texas Tech isn't out of it yet. If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, Tech would go to the Big XII Championship Game (assuming Tech beats Baylor as well on Saturday).

Oregon State still has one more big game until they're in the Rose Bowl. They get Oregon at home for the "Civil War"...won't be an easy game.

USC isn't out of it yet either. If the Big XII South champ, whoever it ends up being, loses to Mizzou in the Big XII Championship Game, USC might have a chance. It'll be tough for them to climb to number two though, especially if they don't even win their own conference. But if Oregon State ends up going to the Rose Bowl, USC will probably go to the Fiesta Bowl and play someone like Texas or Oklahoma...that would be fantastic.

Should be an interesting final two weeks of the season.

semipenguin likes this.
  11. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Here's to OSU...:)

Not the Buckeyes. Not the Breavers. The Cowboys!...:D

12. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

YES!!! GO OK STATE!!!

[​IMG]