Claire Lang

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
Hey Mike, don't worry after they listen to her tell them what the interview is gonna say, then they listen to it, then her repeat it again in her own words, they will get like most of us and stop listening! They will also realize real soon how she just likes to hear herself talk...lol

Oshawa Mark

Feb 8, 2009
It is the impression I have of Claire. She never stops to take a breath and she answers questions before she is done asking.

I like her in spite of it since she seems to have a clue about what is going on but she needs someone to keep her from talking over herself much less everyone else. Still...she is no Steve Post and for THAT I am glad.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
I had 128 on after qualifying was over and tried to listen and give her a chance, after 5 minutes I was screaming for Choclate, brutal.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I guess time will tell. If the last few posts are in the majority then she will not be around much longer. They are not going to keep her on the air if they are losing listeners. Perhaps some of you will get what you want.

johnbom

Oct 25, 2008
South Carolina
I listened to her this weekend. I turned it off.

I couldn't handle the following:

1. She kept telling us where she was broadcasting from. Who cares if she broadcasts from the top of a pit-box. ITS RADIO!!!
2. She kept promoting stuff that was coming up, without saying anything new.
3. She repeated herself a few times during her preamble -- same phrases.
4. She doesn't pause. Its like she is being paid by the word or someone once told her that any dead air over the air is bad.

linkster

Oct 15, 2008
Arlington, MA
I guess time will tell. If the last few posts are in the majority then she will not be around much longer. They are not going to keep her on the air if they are losing listeners. Perhaps some of you will get what you want.

I am a relatively newbie to this forum, but I wanted to throw in my two cents. I am going hold judgment for now, although I was not overly impressed with Claire's pre race coverage on Sunday. Her delivery style almost seemed awkward at points. But she does have some big shoes to fill (no pun intended) as Moody and the previous crew was always excellent. Anyway, if Claire B. Lang is doing the pre race coverage this year, I hope last week was just first week jitters or something along that line.

linkster

Oct 15, 2008
Arlington, MA
can't imagine its first week jitter's. its not that was the first time she's ever hosted a show.

True, but I still hope it gets better. I enjoy getting my pre race coverage from sirius, however, as I stated I was not overly impressed with Claire's pre race show. Postman was great as usual.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

AHHAHAHAHAH!!!

Yeah whatever. The majority of us dislike "Chalk" Meyers. Hes still spewing his nonsense on Trading Paint.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Its not that we hate him. Its that his analysis is biased. 100% pure garbage and 100% biased. But on the contrary. He hasnt done anything to warrant hate. Brian France on the other hand.........

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
CBL definitely has good interviews and sound bites, but outside of that she has an extremely aggravating stream-of-consciousness style of carrying the show forward. Endless repetition, redundancy and irrelevant diarrhea of the mouth. The positive here is that there isn't a whole lot of time for idiot callers.

I realize some of the same things can be said about Manifold Destiny, but Mojo has something Claire lacks, an interesting personality. Give Mojo Wednesday nights so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour on Mondays.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
CBL definitely has good interviews and sound bites, but outside of that she has an extremely aggravating stream-of-consciousness style of carrying the show forward.

Oh man, I was just about to post the same thing! I find myself saying, "don't TELL me what you're going to do just DO IT". Yap Yap Yap. Other than that the show's pretty good. :p