Chinese Democracy

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by IronJabroni, Nov 24, 2008.

1. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

Yeah, from what I've heard on Sirius, I'm not too impressed with their new stuff.

3. snakester

snakester Member

Their new stuff sucks. They totally lost it.

4. IronJabroni

doesn't help that Axl is the only original member still part of this mess

5. it sounds horrible, almost like no new ideas

6. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

That's dissapointing to hear, but not really suprising. GNR had something special back in the day, but you need all the members, not just Axl. Wish it could of lasted a couple more records longer.:(

7. Dragline

Dragline Member

I actually like the new album. I take offense that it's called "Guns N' Roses" and not just an Axl Rose solo album. Ignoring that, though, I like it.

The booklet that came with the CD is pretty funny. The credits for the songs are ridiculous. Some have up to 5 different guitar players. Others have 2 drummers. Plus, the pictures of the band (is there an actual lineup?) are funny. I recognize Axl. The rest look like a bunch of freaks. With the original GNR lineup, they looked like a bunch of regular guys that walked onto the stage right off the street. This new lineup is all gimmicky... Buckethead with a KFC bucket on his head, a bunch of emo looking idiots, etc..

I wish the original Guns N' Roses would've stuck together. To me, they seemed like one of those bands that could've lasted a long time, kind of like Aerosmith.

8. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

9. IronJabroni

very odd...the write-up reads like a 1 star review

10. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Sucks. Way over-produced. The guitar is way over-synthed electronica sound. I called it another nine-inch-nails album, which after a little research proved to be correct since their guitarist is from NIN. Axl's voice tracks are over produced, I don't think he can hit the high notes any more.

This has absolutely no resemblance to the raw blues based bar rock n band of the past. They should not call this band GNR. It's more like NIN/Filter/Zombie than GNR.

11. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

it took axl 15 years to come out with this shit?

12. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

Sucks. It's too overproduced....they produced the "kick" right out of the songs. It sounds sterile and lifeless.

13. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Ask them to play the album unplugged.

Yeah right. Not possible.

It's not even music.
    Get a computer dork to plug his laptop into a synth and you could create this crap yourself.

15 years??? Puh-lease...

I'd much rather listen to something raw that they threw down in a couple of weeks... GNR Lies... AIC Jar of Flies... Just how many songs did Axl write over the past 15 years to narrow down to these finalists? I'm guessing about 2. The rest is a computer program.

Axl, you are not GNR, you were a part of GNR. This is like if Ringo released an album by The Beatles.

Actually, true story, after hearing this crap, I bought tickets to go see "Appetite For Destruction". Yeah, a tribute band is better at this point.

14. I agree with you, well NIN is not the NIN of head like hole days either.

15. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

Are they playing this anywhere on Sirius?

Octane? Hair nation?

I'm kind of excited to hear this, to tell you the truth.

16. I heard on track today, it was really really bad!!

17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I downloaded the new Killers & Taylor Swift CD's off iTunes today...:)

18. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Sounds like Axl finally destoryed a good thing as everyone thought he would!

19. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

I thought the one track I heard on Octane wasn't too bad. It kept to their roots while sounding current. Just one track of course.

20. IronJabroni

try listening to some of the other tracks at the myspace link, ooof-aaah