Channel Updates Coming Aug 4th 2016

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Satradiodude, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Satradiodude

Satradiodude Active Member

semipenguin, HecticArt and Aaron like this.
  2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

It doesn't look like a drastic shake up.
    It's too bad Utopia and Petty are getting dropped from the main sats.

Thanks for the link!
    We figured it was on the way.

Satradiodude likes this.
  3. pritch2448

pritch2448 New Member

I just wish they'd keep siriusxm Holly online all year.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

The Mrs would love that.

5. machpost

machpost Member

It looks like Tom Petty Radio on channel 31 is sticking around. It's the Tom Petty's Buried Treasure channel on 312 that's going online only.

HecticArt likes this.
  6. Satradiodude

Looks like SiriusXM makes another bonehead move- It's good there adding it to the Xtra channel lineup but for those that can't access them people are pissed on both the SiriusXM and Utopia FB page- and rightfully so, combining 70',80'90',2000's dance will not work!- They tried this crap last time when they removed The Strobe and added the Deney Terio weekly show on channel 7 as an appeasement. They have 2 commerical channels (Z100, and Kiss from Clear Channel that could easily go away and be replaced- I really hope they come to there senses and think out things before they make these stupid changes without thinking it through!

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.
  7. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

There was no mention of Holiday Traditions being taken off line.
    Not that I would listen this time of the year.

8. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

Garth Brooks on ch55 and Utopia is merged with a multi decade channel? They must have my listening patterns down. Utopia for a couple of hours now and then was a welcome flashback from BPM.

I could see Garth on one of the limited engagement channels. Is is following still so huge that he gets his own bandwidth or will is be semi permanent like Tom Petty and Jimmy Buffet?

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

SXM is probably sponsoring his tour. My guess is that he'll get a couple of years before they change it again.

Sent from Tapatalk

microbob likes this.
  10. Satradiodude

According to Grace Digital the TTR2 is coming out next month- so this is a good time as it can be promoted as the portable internet radio that you can get all the channels- granted it won't be good for car driving,but for everything else. They needed to come out with an updated solution to the original TTR1. This radio is planned to have all the features as the app. :banana1:

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

12. MadisonRadio1

Why would they eliminate so many internet only Pop channels? Aren't people listening

13. IndustrialH

IndustrialH "So much music .... so little time..."

I always thought it would be the other way around - Brookes buys a channel for a period of time - I always thought that's what happened with Billy Joel - they couldn't change the channel when the 40's on 4 flack hit as the channel was set in a contract - but that's purely conjecture on my part... and I am usually wrong.

But allowing for how they are blending the channels I think that Utopia should be mixed with SiriusXM FC - good music between matches and cheaper than all the droll chat about the Major Retirement League. :)

HecticArt and semipenguin like this.
  14. MadisonRadio1

All these changes happen tomorrow. Nothing very dramatic though

15. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

I wasn't a subscriber back then, but nothing will ever compare to THE BIGGEST CHANNEL UPDATE OF ALL TIME...

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  16. IndustrialH

Weird morning - on the STR1 Utopia is still thumping on 55, everywhere else its a Garth promo - maybe it won't move until the last minute. Anyway my hand is forced and I found a preloved Onyx Plus - just have to stay away from the hills.

MadisonRadio1 likes this.
  17. MadisonRadio1

The Tom Petty Buried Treasure Show Channel on the 2.0 radios is still on afterall. Holiday Traditions is still online. I think its because its on a Limited Engagement channel whereas Holly had a permanent channel that was taken away from it. Also one of my favorite channel's 40's Junction survived through the year and will keep going.

18. MadisonRadio1

And the Summer Olympics channel will be on ch.106

HecticArt likes this.
  19. MadisonRadio1

Now the Buried Treasure channel is off my 2.0 radio now. Darn

20. IndustrialH

I switched to Stiletto to Select and the "pulled" Edge to All Access - told the agent that my hand was forced by the changes on the 4th and she waved the fee. I didn't make a fuss - just stated the fact.

semipenguin and HecticArt like this.