Channel Changes Thread 2013

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
So there are a few channels that are gone that SiriusXM still has listed on there channel guide but clearly is history as the loop on the channel states that.
So here is what is the latest I know and to keep track of for any upcoming changes:

UCB radio- 2.0/internetgone
Playboy Spanish-2.0/Internet gone
SiriusXM comedy showcase/Internet- gone

Cosmo- sat/Internet- gone- (Morning show moved to iNDIE, Love and sex moved to Oprah beginning 11/18, Cocktails w/Patrick- (TBD)

Radio Sex-> Sirius/XM premiere sat/Internet Vivid Radio (11/18)

Channel 111 sat/Internet- Early 2014 becomes business radio

I also saw a posting on FB where it was mentioned that the 90's/2k dance channel will be relaunched with new station names- (No ETA)- Probably will be the same for the others that recently launched

Strange that 2 changes above are on the same day- maybe a coincidence- Is this the next day for channel updates?

Please add/correct if anyone has anymore updated/new info…..

Reactions: HecticArt

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I like how they launch channel now. With stuff like 90s/2k dance and fly had a regular generic name first. they just launch the channel without spending time/money on imaging and logos and stuff, until they find it has a listener base. then they tweak it, change the name, give it a logo and launch of the sats eventually.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
So there are a few channels that are gone that SiriusXM still has listed on there channel guide but clearly is history as the loop on the channel states that.
So here is what is the latest I know and to keep track of for any upcoming changes:

UCB radio- 2.0/internetgone
Playboy Spanish-2.0/Internet gone
SiriusXM comedy showcase/Internet- gone

Cosmo- sat/Internet- gone- (Morning show moved to iNDIE, Love and sex moved to Oprah beginning 11/18, Cocktails w/Patrick- (TBD)

Radio Sex-> Sirius/XM premiere sat/Internet Vivid Radio (11/18)

Channel 111 sat/Internet- Early 2014 becomes business radio

I also saw a posting on FB where it was mentioned that the 90's/2k dance channel will be relaunched with new station names- (No ETA)- Probably will be the same for the others that recently launched

Strange that 2 changes above are on the same day- maybe a coincidence- Is this the next day for channel updates?

Please add/correct if anyone has anymore updated/new info…..
A good way to tell if a channel is about to go is to browse on the app- when you see the display info for a channel go blank, thats a pretty good indicator. C-SPAN Radio Ch 120 appears to be the only other one that you did not list above.

Looks like Nov 18 we will maybe see more changes to coincide with the Holiday channels launching. Last year on the Internet Radio & apps, they started the Holiday Neighborhood by putting up all the channels with a loop running a week before they actually started.

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
C-SPAN Radio Ch 120 appears to be the only other one that you did not list above. Looks like Nov 18 we will maybe see more changes to coincide with the Holiday channels launching. Last year on the Internet Radio & apps, they started the Holiday Neighborhood by putting up all the channels with a loop running a week before they actually started.

Is CSPAN going away?

fyi- I saw in one of the FB post's that Holiday channels will begin to appear on 11/11 and then launch throughout the month- they should be having a PR this week come out- you would think? :)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
And now we know what Ch 142 will be in 2 days:

hbcu-hands-med.jpg

Howard Launches HBCU - 11/12 - The Howard University Radio Network launches HBCU via SiriusXM-142 on Thursday. According to an announcement, the channel will include informational, educational, entertainment, and cultural programs from a network of historically black colleges and universities, initially featuring American Baptist College, Hampton University, Jackson State University, Prairie View A&M University, Virginia State University, Tennessee State, and Howard. Additional colleges and universities are expected to sign-on to the channel in coming months. SiriusXM granted Howard University a lease to create two channels on the satellite radio system in 2011. The other channel, HUR Voices via SiriusXM-141, launched in November 2011. More at HBCUradionet.com dcrtv.com - washington dc/baltimore area radio/tv/media

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
11 New Channels just showed up on my Lynx

Ch 770- 70s/80s Pop
Ch 771- 80s/90s Pop
Ch 772- 90s/2K Pop
Ch 773- Classic Rock Party
Ch 774- Rockin' Frat Party
Ch 775- Hip Hop Party
Ch 776- Oldies Party
Ch 777- Pop Party
Ch 778- Punk Party
Ch 779- New Wave Dance Party
Ch 780- The Girls Room

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Holiday Neighborhood is up with all 7 channels

Ch 702 Vocal Pop is now Velvet
Ch 703 Beautiful Music 2.0 is now Elevations
Ch 724 R&B Chill is now Silk

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
wow! just saw these party channels on my SL2 wifi! came here to see if you posted it! these are awesome! The punk party is fsckin awesome! finally a punk channel between sirius's old punk/faction and xms fungus. great!

Satradiodude

Aug 7, 2011
Maybe the SiriusXM PDF will be updated on the 18th- isn't that when Vivid is to launch and the Love and sex show from cosmo moves to Oprah- not to say it's any indication- but ya never know with SiriusXM :)

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
I agree. I like the 70/80's channel. It would be nice if they could add these to satellite in the future.