Captain Janks Fiasco = Most Interesting Show Moment in Months

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by flowerfeeder, Jan 6, 2009.

1. flowerfeeder

flowerfeeder Member

That was good stuff. Good job, Steve.

Janks is definately up to some shinanigans and Steve is catching him red handed.

2. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Janks is or was a gas station attendant who probably barely scrapes along. He is veteran of the show who earned credibility with some great phony phone calls. Why such joy in ruining his appearance business? Langford sounds very anchor-manlike when he does his newscasts but gets very unachormanlike whenever he is confronted and cornered on the validity of one of his stories... He starts arguing and accusing and judging and insulting. ... For a change, why doesn't Langford do a biting expose on Howard Stern instead of on whether or not some underling on the staff installed a prize TV??? Why no news immediately after Artie stormed out? Why no news when Artie was in Afghanistan except from other people?

3. sjb4

sjb4 Member

Based on Langford's own words today, I believe Howard has final say on any and all "news" that is reported, despite what Howard has said in the past about nothing being off limits to the news team. Hence, a Hard Copy expose on a wackpacker but nothing on Artie's supposed rehab.

4. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

I found the segment boring after 5 mins. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Of course, I could listen to ETM for an hour easy.. :eek:

5. edweird

edweird Member

Sometimes, like perhaps the Artie Rehab story, I think Howard may want to keep the news folks from scooping the story that will come out during his show, and conversations or stories with the person.

6. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

I thought it should have been relegated to the WGAS-WGAF channel...

7. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

OH GOD, NO!!! :eek: :icon_biggrin:

mrpacs likes this.