Cancelled a radio today

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by IdRatherBeSkiing, Dec 15, 2013.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

My son no longer listens to his sat rad. Got too old for Kids Place Live and never found another channel he really liked on his own (well he did -- a local FM channel .... adult contemporary ... go figure kids). He is fine listening with me to Classic Rewind or the 70s or 80s.

So I tried in October to cancel. They pulled out several offers then finally he said how about 2 months free. I said ok marking December on my calendar to call back. Well today was the day as he did not suddenly start listening. So I packed it up and made the call. They tried an offer again. But only 1 then they cancelled without hassle. I have heard horror stories from other people but I have no complaints. Thought I would share.

2. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

I cancelled my summer porch radio rather easily. I'm not sure if I will renew next spring. I've been thinking of expanding to internet with all those exclusive channels.

3. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Get ready for the endless phone calls and mail trying to resubscribe you.

4. c1971ace

c1971ace New Member

I canceled the radio in my car about 10 months ago and I keep getting flyers and emails offering the 6 months for $25. Still wont do it. All I have to do is use the aux input in the car and listen right from the mobile app...they still cant seem to understand this.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

5. Vols44

Vols44 Well-Known Member

can't wait to get the 6/25 offer when my new car sub expires in 03/2014. It's a better incentive then the 120+per annum I'd normally pay for a second ESN.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  6. blueneon36

blueneon36 Active Member

6/25 is an amazing offer, if you can get that deal twice a year.

Lately when I have called, they have offered me XM Premier for $86 a year. I had no other promotions available on my account, apparently.

Personally, I dont think satellite in my vehicle is worth any more than $86 a year+ royalty fees per radio.

I used to pay the full subscription price....until they jacked it up $2/mo, started adding in that B.S. Music Royalty Fee on top of the new prices, and raising the rates for your additional radios.

7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

CS has been improving slowly since the merger. Hopefully it keeps getting better.
    You'll still get offers in the mail every few months though.

8. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I received a letter today notifying me of the price increase, so I called and cancelled my account. It took them 14 minutes of hemming and hawing while I chanted "cancel it - cancel it - cancel it".

Now I have no digital radio.

9. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Someone should record one of these cancellation calls...for training purposes.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

10. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Got my first email today.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk - now Free

11. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

We'll that didn't take very long.

12. Brad Bishop

Brad Bishop Member

What's the current, normal going rate for SiriusXM?

Nevermind - just looked it up: $18 and I'm guessing you add in the $2 Music royalty fee on top of that.

I thought that's what it's been at for years, though.. Is this the new price or is it going up on Jan 1?

I think satellite radio at $100/year or $10/month is reasonable. I'd even say that it being as high as $150/year is probably OK. They price it way too high, in my opinion, and thus start the endless "I'm canceling"-"Ok, how about $85/hear" crap.

13. SXM_Help

SXM_Help Member

Hi everyone -

I'm sorry to hear about your cancellations. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know. If you would like to be placed on our DNC list to stop receiving any promotional mail items, feel free to send us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be in touch.

Thanks,
    Jess
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team

HecticArt likes this.
  14. kryptonite

kryptonite Well-Known Member

Get an old smartphone or even an iPod Touch and some computer speakers and there you go. :)

15. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I was paying a lot, and the letter said I would be paying more. I didn't investigate the details.

I joined for Howard and he's become pretty lame. I never listen to him anymore. I love Little Steven's Underground Garage, but the signal quality over satellite is horrendous. Digital compression artifacts make it unlistenable. I listen over the internet, but not in the car. I enjoyed BBC World Service in the car (SQ is good enough for that), but there's a free app for my smart phone.

Satellite would be worth $200/year if Howard was good and the signal quality was top notch. I'd still pay $100/year for good signal quality. Without that, the service is worth $0/year to me.

16. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I have to agree with all of this.

17. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

I just cancelled the last of our subscriptions, which was in the wife's car. I basically told them we unhooked it and haven't been listening to it for a few months, he tried to talk me into the 6/25 deal, and I sternly and politely-ish told him him no, I wanted to cancel. He got the message and put it through.

18. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

Just called and tried to cancel my acct due to some financial issues. Automated system said 171 minutes to get a live rep and a callback couldn't be scheduled but I got a rep almost right away. Ended up cancelling the Sportster Replay which hasn't been used for a long time and a month of free service on the other one.

19. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

Probably a ploy to make you hang up and not cancel. Way to hang in there! :agree:

20. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

If I want to cancel I go online, that how I downgraded my radio. Because I hardly listen to online anymore, since I listen to iTunes Radio. Only time I listen to Sirius is in the car.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.