Call Me Crazy, But AOL & Yahoo Radio Could Be Better Than Slacker

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I just got the CBS Radio app which has the full station range from AOL & Yahoo radio, and I have to say, they have a lot better variety of stations. For example, I'm really into covers, and AOL has a station called "Rock Covers." And already, I'm hearing a ton of songs I never heard on Slacker, even when I made a custom station.

Granted, Slacker is pretty new, but their growth is incredibly slow. You go months without them adding new channels, and even when they do, they're fairly generic. You don't get the stations that AOL has like "Pop Rock," "Rock Instrumentals," "Nature Sounds," or even Yahoo's Video game music channel, or PowerPop channel.

The point is that Slacker needs to step up their expert-created channels, because AOL & Yahoo are starting to win me over to some degree.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
They do have quite a lot, and their Classical stations are very good, an area where Slacker is severely lacking.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Everybody has their own tastes personally I find AOL and Yahoo interesting but they rarely play the deeper stuff like Slacker does.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
Not SiriusXM, Slacker or anyone can even sniff AOL New Country Now. Listen to that one alot.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
These are great for preprogrammed stations no doubt about it. I still prefer Slacker but then I've put in a lot of time an effort to get the very most out of Slacker that one could possible get. I'll put my own playlist up against anything on any of these services in regards to genres I like.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
These are great for preprogrammed stations no doubt about it. I still prefer Slacker but then I've put in a lot of time an effort to get the very most out of Slacker that one could possible get. I'll put my own playlist up against anything on any of these services in regards to genres I like.

+1 here and AOL is too top 40ish for me.