Bye XM! :) Hello iPod, Internet Radio, etc.

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by secrecyguy, Nov 3, 2008.

1. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

Well, I have been doing lots of thinking and I decided to finally say goodbye to XM. I was going to cancel it 3 months ago but than they gave me 3 months for free but it end up they only gave me 2 months for free so I owe them money for 1 month.

They already cancel my subscription and I am going to send them a check and a letter telling them to suspend my account.

I used to own stocks in them and I was a big supporter of Satellite Radio. I even bought a website address for Satellite Radio. But now, I realized that Satellite Radio is not really the future we all hope it was. I still debating rather I will sell my website name or not. It's probably not worth that much now. If you wondering what it is called, it's Satellite Rocks Radio Home Page I don't think there's anything on there now. If there is, it's very outdated now.

Couple of reasons I decided to leave Satellite Radio is...

1 - The money situation. I was going to go for the El Carte but than I found out you need to get a new radio.

2 - Since the merger of XM and Sirius, I noticed some of the channels on XM is disappearing.

3 - I haven't took full advantage of the Satellite Radio for several months now.

Will I go back to Satellite Radio? I don't know yet. If I do, I may end up getting Sirius radio.

For now, I am going to use my iPod and I may also take a look at Internet Radio and other ways of listening to my music.

It was great being with XM and it was good to me but times as change and it's time for me to take a look at other things now. :)

2. Sirius Rich

Sirius Rich Well-Known Member

Hope you come back, there is just too much content that you will miss.

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

At the previous forum, we used to kick people to the curb for saying that they were leaving satellite radio, lol. Over here, we've got subforums that might interest you, isn't that great? Whatever makes you happy, more power to you. :)

4. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

You never kicked anyone to the curb. You're too nice...:D

5. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Thanks! What can I say... I'm a peaceful dude. I left the kicking to others. :flex:

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I think many are looking to decide what road to take in terms of sat radio. I do think many are leaving for various reason, but my hope is that once this thing settles out a bit they will return.

I fully concur with the guys that just because you aren't a sat radio subscriber doesn't mean we don't have forums to offer you. The iPod and Slacker forums have had a lot of traffic with some really good post.

7. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

Yeah, I was never mean to anyone at SBS who would do the typical ranting "I hate SIRIUS and I'm leaving" style post :rolleyes:

8. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

I say give pandora a try and maybe a zune.:headbang:

9. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

...or either an iPhone or iPod touch w/Pandora. :buttrock: :)

10. MM

MM Administrator

:no:

:yesshake:

;)

11. hank-the-dwarf

Dam apple snobs-lol

12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

LOL Funny Thread!

13. MM

MM Administrator

:blah:

;)

14. TheScionicMan

TheScionicMan Last non-Hating Stern Fan

Yeah, if the money part of Sat Rad is a big factor, you should buy an iPhone... :confused:

15. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

:yesshake:

:no:

16. hank-the-dwarf

I couldnt resist!the yellow triangle

17. v1ru5

v1ru5 Well-Known Member

I understand you feelings I'm on the fence myself although I am not happy with the latest changes in Satellite radio I'm willing to stick it out and see what happens. Hope you find what floats your boat and hope we see you back soon.

18. Matt400

Matt400 New Member

And what is so great about iPod? Not kidding here, never owned one. Wouldn't I have to spend countless hours downloading and categorizing music I like?

19. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

That's right!!! :hah:

20. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Nothing and yes. The only reason I have one is because my car has a built-in steering wheel interface for it. The iTunes app is wretched. The iTunes store is over-priced and dripping with DRM poison.