Bye Bye, POTUS

Discussion in 'SiriusXM News & Talk' started by edalen, Nov 3, 2008.

1. edalen

edalen Member

I don't know the future of POTUS, though I do recall them saying sometime back it would last until Nov 5.

Here's a posting from ScottWalterman.com, a host on POTUS 08:

"I'm also in the final few days of my employment at XM. This just compounds all of this anticipation about the election. I'll be leaving XM on November 15th.

"I'm not going to be retained by the newly merged company. I'm not sure yet what my last day on the air will be, it could be November 14th - that decision should come soon I'm told. Stay tuned for updates."

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I thought originally the channel was supposed to go until Jan 20th. I guess they could cut it short after the election.

3. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Not a heck of a lot to talk about after tomorrow...unless we get into one of those "hanging chad" sort of situations.

4. Santinelli

Santinelli Member

I will just kill myself if we have a hanging chad, I'm so sick and tired of this election... This thing has gone on for too long, and cost too much... Ugh.

5. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

Let's not do ourselves any bodily harm. But I'll bet somebody somewhere is going to make a big stink about this...

6. Santinelli

Santinelli Member

Yeah I didn't mean I would PHYSICALLY kill myself... I'm just so tired of it all. :)

7. Brian

Brian Banned

I won't be missing this channel when it's gone. Ugh.

8. edalen

edalen Member

9. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

I guess it's not too early to start campaigning for the 2012 election.

10. ctkatz

ctkatz Member

it's never too early to start campaigning for 2012. i'm surprised no one announced they were running at 11:01 pm est (one minute after the networks called it for obama) tuesday.

11. gilpdawg

gilpdawg Active Member

They've quietly changed the branding on the channel to "Politics Of The United States" instead of branding it the "election channel" so I'm guessing they are keeping it around.

12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I really wish they would introduce a morning news program on POTUS. I think that would go along way and keeping interest on the channel.

13. ctkatz

ctkatz Member

indie talk is now potus, but i don't see vinny politan anywhere on the potus site. is he still around?

14. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Vinny is gone. I thought his show was pretty good. They kept Ron Silver but it looks like his show is only an hour long which sucks. Pete's Big Mouth is now called Stand Up with Pete Dominick and it's 3 to 6 now.

15. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Update: Vinny is doing mornings on 108, which will now be called "Sirius Stars 2" starting next Monday.