Buh bye, Blackberry...

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by semipenguin, Mar 29, 2012.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

2. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Wow. I knew it was coming, but thought it would take a few more years.

3. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

And to think I almost bought a BlackBerry once. I was considering it before deciding on iPhone.

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

YOU could have saved them..........
    ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

So long, Blackberry. I hardly knew ye.

6. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

BlackBerry-maker posts 1Q loss, warns of future losses, shares skid

"Shares of BlackBerry maker Research In Motion plunged nearly 30 percent Friday after the company posted a loss and warned of future losses despite releasing its make-or-break new smartphones this year."

"RIM said it sold 6.8 million phones overall versus 7.8 million last year. That includes older models. In the conference call, it said about 2.7 million new devices were Blackberry 10 models. RIM's new Blackberry 10 operating system is widely seen as critical to the company's comeback."

When your "make-or-break" product does not "make", you "break".

7. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I've been given a Blackberry Bold as our dev pager (rotating) and having now used it I can honestly say it sucks. Its heavy, big and awkward. Hate he keyboard which is too small for my fingers. Using it only for phone calls. Will do my work e-mails from the iPhone.

8. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Damn Canadian phone :mad:

9. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's too bad. Competition and options are good. It ain't over yet, but there may be a plump woman warming up back stage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

10. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Blackberry was my original intent before I tried the iPhone. The Smallish keys on the keyboard and the lack of screen space pretty much clinched that I would never go near it again. The virtual keyboard on my 4S is still pretty small, but at least I can use it in landscape mode for more real estate.

Blackberry needs to get bought by somebody (like Apple?) and have their ideas integrated into other products.

11. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

Their releasing BBM for iOS and Android soon. From what I remember BBM was the best instant messaging/ Text app.

I don't mind them getting bought out. Just please not HP!! They ruined webOS. Palm made a great OS and I loved it on my Pre.