Bubba briefly addresses situation....

Discussion in 'BTLS Archives' started by ClubSteeler, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

To paraphrase some of Bubba's comments......

He's read the message boards.
    He knows everyone thinks he is a fat ass snake oil salesman.
    He knows many are upset and some will canel, and he understands.
    He is also very upset, very passionate about his career, and this is not his choice.
    Sirius would not budge.
    It boils down to either a little Bubba, or NO Bubba.
    Sirius fans will get what they are used to on Fridays, and will have to get used to something different Mon-Thurs.
    He has hinted towards occasional "extras" on Sirius, possibly on occasional weekends.
    He apologized for Brent's screwup yesterday on Sirius by not playing the first segment which explained the new deal, therefore leaving Sirius listeners in the dark.
    He screamed at Brent all night.
    He hopes you'll give it a chance.
    He hopes this is a bump in the road, and if we can ride it out, he hopes things can get back to where we wants them.

He ended by saying that this was Sirius' decision, and it was either this or nothing. He said at least now they all can go back to being daddies and husbands and actually get to go home after work and see their families. He hopes you stay on board, but if you don't, he understands. Just remember, this is just his job and he did the best he could. There's no need for such ill-will and people taking the show way too seriously and wishing him dead. He does take it a compliment how some people are so passionate about his show. He thinks most of his fans will like the terrestrial show. He used to do this on XM years ago, rebroadcast the terrestrial show and people loved it.

===================

On a personaol note, I am really enjoying the show. I gave it a chance and I will be a daily listener.

2. Snoozer

Snoozer Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm sure we can hear this on the censored repeat this afternoon. ;)
    I read his post on his site it pretty much said the same thing. I can understand why this went down however, I wish they could have been striaght up about it I wouldn't have been so pissed.
    I won't listen all week. I'll give Fridays a shot and see how it goes.

3. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

You know the guy ranted about how shitty Sirius was, and there supposed to pay him millions after that? I like Bubba, and at least there giving fans this option. Like Howard said this morning unless you live in FL or have the internet at your finger tips you really can't hear his morning show. Plus the guy can't do 9 hours of radio a day for 2 more years that is just crazy.

4. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

How is this going to work with Sterns WC feed though?

5. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

It's replayed at the same time slot, 3pm EST.

6. joe2k4

joe2k4 Member

Thats dumb why not put it on live at least? I mean at least then people could call in and I don't know make it a radio show! Oh my god. Basically now Sirius is paying for a show there listeners can't call and be worth anything plus there airing content that is a few hours old.

7. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Here's my personal take based on some of his comments.

Last year he wanted to make the same level as other top DJs. Sirius said he wasn't that good and needed to prove himself, and he would be rewarded if he was succesful and the merger went through.

He was. It did. Sirius didn't honor it.

He had to work 2 jobs to make a better living. His marriage and family life suffered. During this renegotiation, we was willing to go back to being exclusive to Sirius if Sirius would pay him around what others make in 4 hours.

He gave Sirius many options, including exclusivity, and Sirius chose this option, which was, by the way, the latch ditch option. He never thought they would only want him 1 day a week, but they did.

This is what Sirius wanted, and he had the choice of accepting, or leaving completely and only working terrestrial. So, those of you outside FLA could have lost the show completely, so maybe a censored replay isn't the worst option.

Sorry folks.... I am really surprised. I thought they grooming him to be their markee talent when Howard either retired or goes down to a couple of shows a week.

Although this sucks, this censored show is still the second-best radio show on the planet in my opinion, but unfortunately will not reach its full potential in this format.

8. Snoozer

Problem is you can get the censored show for free live via streaming audio online.
    An uncensored show on Friday is great but don't try seeling us a show that is censored and we can get for free online.

I'd rather hear Riley Martin in the afternoon than a repeat of an FM show.
    Would have been better if they just did Fridays.

9. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

Well......

YOU can stream for free. Don't assume we all can.

Not everyone has a desk job behind a computer like us. Plus I am not allowed to stream at work. Truckers can still get the show..... Mail carriers.... Mechanics... Construction workers.. etc....

So, some of you are probably going to cancel and stream, but there are a lot of people out there that would rather have this than nothing...

10. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

I've been using this baby for streaming without a computer for a few months:
    [​IMG]

Handy for listening to Bubba, as well as Adam Carolla, Tom Leykis, Phil Hendrie...

11. Snoozer

Good point. I never think of that. Either way, I'm looking forward to Friday and I got Sirius for NASCAR.

12. ClubSteeler

ClubSteeler Member

That is pretty sweet.
    You're lucky you use company resources like that. I'd probably get fired.

13. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

I use the radio at home, but people could use it at work if they're allowed I guess. If they do, it frees up the computer, plus you can have presets to tune to stations more quickly than on the computer.

14. MoeSyslack

MoeSyslack Member

I was rather upset at first because I was expecting a new show yesterday, then finding out the story after the fact made it worse. After hearing Bubbas side and already knowing how Sirius has treated him Im not as mad anymore. Plus if you think about it, Sirius wasnt letting Bubba do anything but bullshit with the guys for last few months or more anyway. So his FM show will be same thing only he wont be able to say Fuck. Quite Honestly cursing for the sake of cursing isnt funny anyway.