Bobby Flay on 108?

Discussion in 'SiriusXM News & Talk' started by zepped, Jan 5, 2009.

1. zepped

zepped Member

I heard a promo today during the Jay Thomas Show on Sirius Stars Too (Bad They Can't Make Up a Name for This Station) for a new show staring Bobby Flay.

Yes that Bobby Flay, Mr. Ego Cook, will be talkin' 'bout food, throwdowns (food) and sports. Wow, they really are desperate for something to throw at this channel. I can barely tolerate him on tv.

I forget the exact start date (sometime in January) as I was so stunned at what I heard I couldn't retain anything else. Sirius website has nothing on it.

2. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Just heard about this on Covino and Rich.

3. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Eh...he's alright. I don't get the idea of cooking shows on the radio, but I suppose it takes all kinds of people to make the idea of satellite radio what it is...or should be.

The thing I like about Bobby is his unrelenting passion for making alcohol part of his flavorings for all summer drinks, be it lemonade or ice tea...anything...the guy is always sporting some quart of rum under the preparation station.

Now that's a good cook.

4. zepped

zepped Member

And it's called Bobby Flay Radio, of course. 'Exclusive five-week series of live call-in shows on (sic) which he will explore the essentials of good living for men of all ages and backgrounds.' “I love the energy and fast, fun pace of live radio and look forward to interacting with SIRIUS XM’s listeners and sharing my philosophies for living life to the fullest,” said Flay.

Why does every Tom, Dick and Harry think they can do radio? He's going to tell us how to whip something together from our frig 'if there is a sleepover'. Eeewww, I don't want this guy going near this topic.

Oh, and if he isn't a pull they're throwing Flay’s wife actress Stephanie March in 'the mix' to add the woman’s perspective to the guy talk. Bleck.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009