Bluetooth Users?

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
Hey,
How many people are using bluetooth? Speakers or headphones specifically I guess and what kind?
It's kind of my new fascination and what better group of people to ask the the crew at DRC?

It seems there are a lot of Bluetooth products coming out this year. At least there were a lot being shown off at CES.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
After having to use headphones on my last work assignment, I'm pretty curious about BT headphones/buds.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I tried to use it. Got some Denon Exercise Freak headphones for Christmas. Just wouldn't work through a jacket with phone on inside pocket (over chest) and headphones under a tougue. In summer, phone would have been in pants side pocket around knee so distance would have been greater. I gave up and switched to BOSE in ear headphones. With volume and button control on wire, I never have to take my phone out to do routine stuff like turning up/down volume. For me this mitigates my 'need' for bluetooth.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I have a pair of Rocketfish (best buy's brand) of over the ear headphones I sometimes use while working out. The headband goes behind the back of the neck. They do work well and I've never had a problem with them. The battery does last forever on them--in standby mode it last a really long time. I lost them for about two months and finally found them and turned em on--battery was still charged. They are around $49.95 at Best Buy. They sound ok, better than I thought they would but they aren't great. I mean, if you're switching from a pair of Beats or SOL or Sennheisers then don't expect the same quality. However, to put them on and lift or run a few miles, you won't be disappointed.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have a JBL Flip that I use at my office for listening to music which is bluetooth. I also have used it with my iPhone to do Skype or conference calling. Works great!

I see at CES JBL announced the JBL Charge, which identical to the JBL Flip except it has a 12 hour per charge batter vs the 5 hours of the Flip. Wish I would have waited. LOL

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I just bought a jawbone boom box (small) This thing has incredible sound. It also functions as a speaker phone which works very well.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I own a Beats by Dre Wireless headphones, yea it pricy. But the sound quality is great and the range is like 20'+ feet away from my device. I plan on buy a bluetooth speaker soon, just looking for the right product, priced just right.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I own a Beats by Dre Wireless headphones, yea it pricy. But the sound quality is great and the range is like 20'+ feet away from my device. I plan on buy a bluetooth speaker soon, just looking for the right product, priced just right.

I got mine for free, I just used my American Express Points.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008

I just ordered a pair. They are pricey but if they work as well as you say then it's worth it. I like the built-in controls and mic.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008

My order was delivered today. I think they sound amazing, are pretty comfortable, and have great range. My only issue is the heat/sweat factor. I have this issue with all "on the ear" headphones.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
My order was delivered today. I think they sound amazing, are pretty comfortable, and have great range. My only issue is the heat/sweat factor. I have this issue with all "on the ear" headphones.

That cool, you like them. My only complaint is a bit tight around the ears. But with the bluetooth technology, these headphones should work well with my new Lynx.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
That cool, you like them. My only complaint is a bit tight around the ears. But with the bluetooth technology, these headphones should work well with my new Lynx.

When I took them off I did notice that they were a bit tight around the ears. It didn't bother me until they were removed though.