Black Friday Deals

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Black Friday is just around the corner, so if anyone wants to share or can find good deals, post it here.

10 Black Friday Deal Predictions - Yahoo! Shopping

Here are some deals:

10. GPS
GPS navigators were huge last year, Shelton said, but with more smartphones equipped with their own satellite navigation capabilities, there will be some nice GPS devices retailing for under $100.

9. Apple iPad 2
Apple practically never offers discounts and if you are looking for a bargain on the iPad at retailers like Wal-Mart and Target, you will be disappointed. But Vincent expects Apple to offer between 5% and 10% off the device online only on Thanksgiving Day.

8. 3D Televisions
The 3D televisions normally sell for $800 to $1,000, but a few models will fall below $500 on Black Friday weekend, Shelton predicts.

7. Video games
Video game bundles will be back this year, Vincent said. Consoles like Sony's PlayStation 3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360 will likely offer the hardware with three video games for just the price of the system. The games in the bundle could also be some big hits, like Modern Warfare 3 or Battlefield 3, Shelton said.

6. Barnes And Noble Nook
The idea of an e-reader being priced above $100 is quickly going away, and Wilson said that Thanksgiving weekend shoppers will be able to pick up a decent e-reader for under $50. With Amazon pricing its basic version of the Kindle at $79, the e-commerce giant is throwing other suppliers for a loop. Shelton even believes older Kindle models will sell for around $50. Barnes & Noble's Nook at $249, in particular, will find it difficult to compete with the Kindle Fire. "I am shocked it is still at $249, honestly," Wilson said. Shelton agreed, saying the Nook Color needs to match the Kindle Fire price.

5. Flat screen televisions
If you are in the market for a new flat screen television, check out Wal-Mart and Target on Black Friday weekend, Vincent advises. The big-box retailers will likely offer a 42-inch HDTV as a door-buster special (which means limited quantities) for $300. Last year, the retailers had a similar deal, featuring a 40-inch TV for the same price. If you want a slightly smaller version, Vincent said the 32-inch will likely be priced around $200.

4. Samsung and Motorola tablets
Amazon's Kindle Fire at $199 started a price war with everyone, making Samsung and Motorola no longer the alternatives to an iPad, Wilson said. As a result, he expects to see some steep discounts on these devices. "This will be the first Black Friday where tablets go mass market," he notes. Wilson said to keep an eye out for the 7-inch Samsung Galaxy priced under $300 and Motorola's XOOM around $350, both down from about $500. Shelton predicts that some of the lesser-known tablet brands could even drop prices below $100. "The HP tablet blew up at $99, which assures us tablets will be lucrative," Sheldon said.

3. Digital cameras
Demand for point-and-shoot digital cameras is essentially dead because of improved camera and video technology on the iPhone and other smartphones, Wilson said. This means there will be some great deals on premium cameras on Black Friday. Wilson expects to see Superzooms around $150 and Digital SLRs around $300. There were 350 different camera deals last year, Shelton said, and he expects to see even more than that for really high-quality cameras with 14 megapixels.

2. Laptops: RadioShack
Radioshack is already featuring a $300 Toshiba laptop, which has been one of the most popular deals on FatWallet.com. As a result, Shelton is predicting some high-profile, 15-inch laptops will be available under $300 during Thanksgiving weekend.

1. Amazon's Kindle Fire
The Kindle Fire is already competitively priced at $199, but the device could go even lower. The newest tablet may pop up as a coveted "Gold Box" deal on Amazon and could be priced as low as $100, Vincent predicts. But Gold Box deals aren't easy to come by, and only a lucky few will probably be able to snag the device at this ultra-low price.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm looking for a great laptop deal. The wait is excruciating...like reading one of memebag's posts about hazelnuts.

Also, they're confused about the Nook Color. It's $199. The Nook Tablet, which has better specs than the Kindle Fire (like an SD card slot :rolleyes:), is $249.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm going to stay home, eat hazelnuts and polish my sundials on Black Friday. I don't need anything enough to deal with that mayhem.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
The Wal-Mart ad really disappoints me, just nothing that great this year...

Wal-Mart just annouced there Black Friday deals.

Wal-Mart Black Friday circular: See the deals - Yahoo! Finance

Wal-Mart is offering doorbuster deals on toys, clothes and home accessories like $5 Barbies marked down from $19, jeans for less than $10, children's pajamas sets for $4.47 and a Black & Decker Coffeemaker for $9.44.

Then at midnight, the retailer said it will begin discounting electronics as well. Deals include a Samsung 51-inch plasma TV for $498 down from $649, a Kodak 14 megapixel camera for $49 and a Magellan GPS for $69, marked down from $89.

Another round of discounting will start at 8 a.m. and continue throughout the weekend, Wal-Mart said. Among those deals will be Goodyear tires starting at $59, a Vizio 42-inch 3D LED Wi-Fi HDTV for $598 and a selection of DVDs for $1.96 each.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
The Goodyears are right on time. My six year old truck's skins are on borrowed time. I'll have to see how low WM is willing to go.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I went ahead and bought my new computer pre-Black Friday. Got the Dell Inspiron 17r with a 2nd-gen Core i5 for $550 (incl. tax).