Beth's book

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
The best part of today’s show for me was Howard reporting that Beth was ordered by her publisher to rewrite the first three chapters of her book, as they were deemed unacceptable. Ha ha.

The brain trusts behind the book want a reference book for home dog care. In case your dog develops a problem that is beyond comprehension, you can immediately grab Beth’s book, look up your plight, follow her advice, and presto – Fido is cured!

Great concept, except that there is something already in place to do that. No, not a vet - that's too easy. The device is already in most homes - It’s called the INTERNET. I heard that the net also provides more than one answer to your questions, dog, or otherwise. Might be just a rumor.

Not being computer savvy enough to type a Word document may have seemed funny at first, but I guess Beth really is as clueless as a 3 year-old when it comes to basic computer knowledge. What a dolt.

Keep typing, Beth. Maybe they will eventually accept your brilliant dog care advice. Hahahahahahahaha…..

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
In case your dog develops a problem that is beyond comprehension, you can immediately grab Beth’s book, look up your plight, follow her advice, and presto – Fido is cured!

You know, my wife and I love our dog. I have grown up with dogs, and to me they are part of our family. The last thing I would do is take advice from a former model on how to care for them. I'm sorry, but the idea of the book is as lame as they come, but of course the crew thought it was brilliant!

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
You know, my wife and I love our dog. I have grown up with dogs, and to me they are part of our family. The last thing I would do is take advice from a former model on how to care for them. I'm sorry, but the idea of the book is as lame as they come, but of course the crew thought it was brilliant!

LOL, I agree, it is quite funny to hear everyone patronizing howard when it comes to beth. esp artie. his bullsh*t is so thick, you can cut it with a knife.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Great concept, except that there is something already in place to do that. No, not a vet - that's too easy. The device is already in most homes - It’s called the INTERNET. I heard that the net also provides more than one answer to your questions, dog, or otherwise. Might be just a rumor.

I have news for you, not everything on the INTERNET is awesome... a lot of your posts are living proof of that.

But yeah, not sure I want a hot broad telling me how to help my dog - I'll go to the vet for that.

Reactions: Bark

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

Same here. Love our two dogs like family, because they are family.:)

If they fall ill, or become injured, the last person I'd seek advice from would be a "model" who can't figure out how to produce a Word document - aka a blank piece of virtual paper. LOL

Reactions: GoodDog

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
DLM will be 2nd in line at her book signing... right behind Double A. Be sure to ask him How he's doin' and what's goin' on...

:wave:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
This is the dumbest idea for a book I have ever heard.

Her and Howard are really getting WAY TOO WACKY with all of this dog stuff.

Why would anyone want a book like this written by a person that isn't a dog expert when most likely this book already exists and IT IS WRITTEN BY A DOG EXPERT.

Beth is trying to re=invent the wheel here.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Whats next ?

A ranch for sick dogs out East in the Hamptons, with a yearly fund raiser on Howard 100 ?

Hmm sound a little familiar, no ?

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe Beth's problem in losing hours and hours of work was a symbolic gesture made originally by her computer...this book, with no other ghost writer involved, is just a book than cannot be saved.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Shouldn't Beth be dolling out horsie advice and how to take care of our equestrian brethren?

ZING!

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
Every time Howard mentions this exercise in futility it makes me laugh for many reasons:

- Artie's fake interest (a guy who admits he hates dogs)
- Howard's disclaimer of "She's not an expert by any means, but..."
- Robin recounting the story of her friend needing vet recommendations in the area, so they waited on Beth to provide a list. I guess using the Internet would have been too complicated...

Sounds like the publisher is catching on that this project is a dud...

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
This is a perfect example of the world being unable to say no to a pretty woman that is married to a very powerful man.

This is a stupid idea for a book for a zillion reasons. This would be like any of us deciding to write a book about any of the various hobbies we're into.

Just an attractive bored woman that doesn't have to work and is trying to come up with something to just keep from admitting she's a bored housewife.

Beth is probably a VERY nice person but this book is just a really dumb idea and I really don't want to hear Howard plugging it.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I say the book is a great idea . . . providing that every other page has a picture of Beth in different bikinis/lingerie walking different breeds of dogs. (The text would just be for laughs.) :D

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Her book starts off with a typo that Word didn't catch because of how often it gets used....
"It was the Beth of times, it was the worst of times".