Best of XM....Is your SIRIUS Radio Compatible

dlynx

Oct 9, 2008
Michigan.
www.btlsfan.com
Stilletto2
2X Exact Replay's (Wally world specials)
Original Sportster (still runs like a champ, just no lights on the buttons)

I know the sporters won't get it, the Exacts I'm not sure, and the Stiletto2 should be able to. Just haven't had the time to set it up, and somewhat debating whether what the Best of XM is offering is anything worthwhile to me.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
What kind of SIRIUS Radio do you have and were you told it was compatible with the Best of XM?

I have a Steletto 2 and it is working great with the Best of XM.

Though this is a bit off topic, I also have a XM dealer installed OEM tuner on my Scion xB and the Best of SIRIUS works great with it too. I am hearing there are a lot of OEM that the Best of isn't working on.

I totally love being able to listen to some NFL while out and about on Sunday when I have to go some place and a game is on.

DAB

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Stilletto2
2X Exact Replay's (Wally world specials)
Original Sportster (still runs like a champ, just no lights on the buttons)

Are you going to try to get the Best of XM on any of them?
So far the compatibility lists I've seen published are not that accurate and I can prove them wrong. We want to figure out a better way to see if your SIRIUS Radio is compatible with Best of XM.

I think the key is the SID Number, obviously. And also if the radio is able to get some key Canadian channels that don't exist on the older SIRIUS Radios.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think the key is the SID Number, obviously. And also if the radio is able to get some key Canadian channels that don't exist on the older SIRIUS Radios.

Taylor this seems to be key. If you can listen to Hardcore Radio Radio on channel 98, then your tuner will likey work. This would mean you have the newer required chipset in your tuner.

There has been a lot of confusion about this.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
I assume the answer is no but will the S50 work? I purchased them the first day so they are the oldest chipset.

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
I assume the answer is no but will the S50 work? I purchased them the first day so they are the oldest chipset.

For "best of" it should. To be sure log into your account on Sirius.com, click your radio ID and select change plans. It will tell you exactly there.

BTW, welcome aboard.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
Oh, thanks for the tip. Did Sirius put out a press release on this stuff? I would have no idea about it if it wasn't for Howard and Bubba.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Taylor this seems to be key. If you can listen to Hardcore Radio Radio on channel 98, then your tuner will likey work. This would mean you have the newer required chipset in your tuner.

There has been a lot of confusion about this.

i have the 1st generation of the starmate replay. it picks up the canadian channels, but when the best of xm channel update went through it didn't pick up the best of xm categories.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
i have the 1st generation of the starmate replay. it picks up the canadian channels, but when the best of xm channel update went through it didn't pick up the best of xm categories.

That is interesting, so you could get Hardcore Radio on channel 98, but still couldn't get the Best of? Wow, that kills my theory totally if that is the case.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
That is interesting, so you could get Hardcore Radio on channel 98, but still couldn't get the Best of? Wow, that kills my theory totally if that is the case.

yeah, i was disappointed when i couldn't get the update. i suppose i could do a factory default and see if it resets it. i had one rep tell me to give it a try, but i know if i do that there goes all my presets.

i'm thankful that my 2nd gen starmate replay is able to get the best of xm. the only thing i'm interested in off that package is nhl and i'll wait till next year in hopes that mlb becomes a part of the package.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I hope you're loving the Oprah channel.

I really know why you got it. NHL. ;)

You damn right I really, I really enjoy that Oprah channel :eek:

I haven't listen to any NHL games since I got the Best of XM.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Does the best of XM include the scrolling stock quotes and sports scores? Can a Sirius sub add an XM radio under the family plan?