Best of XM free preview

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Wait, is this a April Fool's Joke? :shifty:

It'd be just like Sirius XM to say, 'Hey, we're giving you these channels for free for a week or two. No we're not, you have to pay for them! April Fool's! HAHA! LOL!'

xzi

Jul 2, 2009
Opie and Anthony did say a few weeks ago they'd be free on SIRIUS radios after the first of April, so no not an April Fools :)

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I'll have to turn on my SL2 on Sunday morning to see what all the excitement is about. Never listened to Opie and Anthony. Time to see how the other half lives.

frazier52000

Jun 21, 2009
Wait. Does this mean they will finally do a channel update? Unlocking the BOXM channels will require a linup update, right? So they should finally fix Backspin and The Strobe so they don't say Pop2k and Cinemagic, huh?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Wait. Does this mean they will finally do a channel update? Unlocking the BOXM channels will require a linup update, right? So they should finally fix Backspin and The Strobe so they don't say Pop2k and Cinemagic, huh?

No this does not require a channel mapping update, so you'll continue to be stuck with incorrectly named channels.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Great. I can get MLB on my SL2! :rofl:

clinton_laughing.jpg

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Do Opie and Anthony have replays throughout the day like Howard? What other channels would be of interest? I'm going to presume thier first live program of the day is 6-11am with replays 3-8pm and 8pm to 1am. If this is wrong let me know. I see where it's on XM 202.

I'm also interested in music programs that are unique to XM. TIA.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Do Opie and Anthony have replays throughout the day like Howard? What other channels would be of interest? I'm going to presume thier first live program of the day is 6-11am with replays 3-8pm and 8pm to 1am. If this is wrong let me know. I see where it's on XM 202.

I'm also interested in music programs that are unique to XM. TIA.

I think Ron & Fez share the channel with their show being 12-3 (sort of like Babba shares on Howard). I assume O&A have replays at other times. I am not really a talk radio type guy so I don't know the schedule.

NHL Home Ice and MLB Home Plate may be of interest. XM Public Radio may be of interest if you are into that sort of thing. The NBA if you are into it. The big thing would be MLB which of course isn't there except for Home Plate.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Great. I can get MLB on my SL2! :rofl:

I have the MLB station in my car. Everyday, and I mean this in all honesty, everyday I turn on that station I make a note of what time it is. After making the time of day clear in my head I wait to hear the first mention of New York Yankee talk.

I have never gone more than 3 and a half minutes without a mention of the New York Yankees, its players or its owner or general manager.

I am not kidding.

I love the channel because it's nothing but baseball talk. However, it is also very, very heavy on Yankee talk.

In fact, many mornings the first words I hear emanating from my speakers are the words, "New York Yankees" or "Joba".

Take the New York Yankee test sometime. See if you can break the record of 3 and a half minutes that I proudly hold.

By the way...the three and a half minutes was broken by the words "Joba Chamberlin". The broadcasters were actually talking about the Red Sox bullpen, but one of the guys was making a point about how poorly Joba was being used in relation to how other Red Sox players have been used.

The guys can't help themselves. Once the East Coast games have been played, they tend to dissect every aspect of their team, they don't have time for baseball west of New York state.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have the MLB station in my car. Everyday, and I mean this in all honesty, everyday I turn on that station I make a note of what time it is. After making the time of day clear in my head I wait to hear the first mention of New York Yankee talk.

I have never gone more than 3 and a half minutes without a mention of the New York Yankees, its players or its owner or general manager.

I am not kidding.

I love the channel because it's nothing but baseball talk. However, it is also very, very heavy on Yankee talk.

In fact, many mornings the first words I hear emanating from my speakers are the words, "New York Yankees" or "Joba".

Take the New York Yankee test sometime. See if you can break the record of 3 and a half minutes that I proudly hold.

By the way...the three and a half minutes was broken by the words "Joba Chamberlin". The broadcasters were actually talking about the Red Sox bullpen, but one of the guys was making a point about how poorly Joba was being used in relation to how other Red Sox players have been used.

The guys can't help themselves. Once the East Coast games have been played, they tend to dissect every aspect of their team, they don't have time for baseball west of New York state.

I believe the channel is produced in Washington, DC so it definatly has an east coast slant. Isn't what is 'wrong' with this channel a micocosm of what is wrong with MLB in general? Read mlb.com's headlines. I guarentee the Yankees will be one of the highlighted stories -- sometimes twice.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I think Ron & Fez share the channel with their show being 12-3 (sort of like Babba shares on Howard). I assume O&A have replays at other times. I am not really a talk radio type guy so I don't know the schedule.

NHL Home Ice and MLB Home Plate may be of interest. XM Public Radio may be of interest if you are into that sort of thing. The NBA if you are into it. The big thing would be MLB which of course isn't there except for Home Plate.

In your opinion how are Ron & Fez. Thanks for the info about the other channels. It's time to fire up the SL2 and fish for the BOXM. Just realized I'll be able to listen to the Masters on 209. This is cool.

Update: downloaded a new file via MSS, SL2 "updated Sirius", I'll have to play with this a bit since I don't have anything higher than sports play by play on 194.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
In your opinion how are Ron & Fez. Thanks for the info about the other channels. It's time to fire up the SL2 and fish for the BOXM. Just realized I'll be able to listen to the Masters on 209. This is cool.

Update: downloaded a new file via MSS, SL2 "updated Sirius", I'll have to play with this a bit since I don't have anything higher than sports play by play on 194.

I have never listened. I have both services but have never listened to 100, 101 or 202/197. They have their supporters and I haven't heard any bad things about them so they can't be that bad. I would suggest you give them a listen and find out for yourself.