Best of Sirius, Best of XM

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by DAB, Oct 10, 2008.

?

Did you add a Best of Sirius or Best of XM plan?

1. Best of Sirius to my XM Radio

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Best of XM to my Sirius Radio

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Added it to both my Sirius and XM Radio

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Did not add the Best of to my Radio

48 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. jwt873

jwt873 Member

I'm not a big sports fan. I follow NASCAR, but Sirius already has that.
    There's nothing in the 'best of' that remotely interests me. I have the best part of a year in my 2 year subscription remaining, so I'll most likely let that run out before changing anything.

I only listen to about 30 music channels and a couple of talk channels. If I do change my plan, I'll probably be going with the $6.99 A La Carte package (once I get a capable radio)...

2. jwt873

jwt873 Member

It's available now, but you have to pay for it. Phone up Sirius customer service and ask them to add the Best of XM to your Sirius subscription..

As far as getting anything other than the Best of XM, you'll have to wait until they come out with true interoperable radios. That's not expected until sometime next year.

3. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Yes. The return rate from one to the other even with said mod is a big difference. We like the Whole House one a lot more. Plus it comes with stuff to use in the home and car.

4. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

I know about that, but I could've sworn Mel mentioned getting some XM content as a sample for no additional charge down the line, I could be wrong though.

5. Brian

Brian Banned

NFL Radio on my XpressRC = ultimate win.

6. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused

My Sirius radios can't be upgraded to take to the XM content. But there's not much there that interests me.

My XM radio is in my wife's car, and she's more interested in the music anyway.

To each his own, but IMHO, the Sirius content is superior in almost every way.

7. Rev. Jim

Rev. Jim New Member

Upgraded to Best of XM on Sirius. I love the NHL's "Home Ice" and "The Virus." But I really pray that eventually they add MLB to the Best of XM.

8. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Hmm, I might have to pick one up one of these days.

9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I heard that, I love my ExpressRC. The display is one of the best on any tuners I've ever had.

10. Brian

Brian Banned

It is simply awesome. When you compare it to the Inno's screen.... well, there is no comparison.

11. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

But the screen is only one part of it with the Inno for me. I found it very user unfriendly in most cases, but especially trying to use it in a vehicle with presets.

12. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

Not having baseball as part of the best of package means SiriusXM makes no extra money from me.

13. SPeeDy

SPeeDy New Member

I switched from sirius to XM and added BOS to my XM account

sold all my Sirius hardware and paid for a new XM radio.

Get all my sports plus Howard and R&F.

Can't beat that

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  14. GoodDog

GoodDog Well-Known Member

I have little interest in the best of XM package. IMHO Nothing there strikes me as best of anything.

15. satrad65

satrad65 Member

If they had Best of Sirius music, I might have added that package.

16. MM

MM Administrator

This is one of my plans. But I really love my SL2.

17. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

What do you all think this new channel lineup will look like as of Nov. 5? I'm wondering if we'll get some XM channels added to Sirius and vice versa, and how close both services will be save for a few channels like howard, virus that are exclusive if you don't pay the extra dough for them.

18. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

My guess is that after they consolidate music channels, each service will be broadcasting the same music channels (or at least mostly the same). I am not sure if this would be a good thing or a bad thing...

19. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Its looking like a more Sirius flavoured lineup based upon the XM layoffs.

20. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

Instead of the BOS I'd love to be able to get a second XM radio with my sirius account. I'd gladly pay the 6.99 rate for the second radio like I do or Sirius radios, but just get an XM one. I think I'd install both in the car.

Do you think they will ever do that?