Best of Sirius, Best of XM

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by DAB, Oct 10, 2008.

?

Did you add a Best of Sirius or Best of XM plan?

1. Best of Sirius to my XM Radio

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Best of XM to my Sirius Radio

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Added it to both my Sirius and XM Radio

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Did not add the Best of to my Radio

48 vote(s)
    59.3%
  1. dlynx

dlynx Member

I wonder if Sirius would find itself with a bunch of customers adding and removing the best of XM as the seasons start and stop for people's favorite sports. I agree they need to get the MLB in the line up, but they should also look at porting some of the music and specialty content that XM has to offer to keep the subscription.

Of course in the end I was hoping for mirroring taking all the best that each offers and making a combined service instead of one of haves and have nots. There would be the loss of the dual subscribers, but the backend overhead saved by have a unified broadcast and channel lineup on both services should compensate for it.

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

This is why they have a $5 downgrade fee. Free to upgrade, $5 to remove.

3. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Added best of XM to my Sirius SL10. I wasn't going to, but since I had credit and it wouldnt really cost anything more to change it over because of it, I went for it. I'm enjoying the virus now and again, but We'll see how it changes when Howard is live again.

4. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I decided to went ahead and sign up for the Best of XM on my Sirius Stiletto 2. I haven't really listen much to the new channels yet, but it would be nice if they can MLB to the package lineup next year?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  5. MM

MM Administrator

Me, you, and millions of others are holding are breath for this.

6. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Actually, it would be even nicer if they would expand the family plan to include subs to either service (let me an ad XM sub to my Sirius account for $6.99 a month). In that case it would be an absolute no-brainer for me. I would get an XM sub in the car and add the best of Sirius. In fact, I'd have my order placed at TSS within 5 minutes of them announcing this sort of thig.

So Tom - time to start stocking XM radios too!

7. Maineiac

Maineiac New Member

I am not a hardcore sports type of listener, I would rather watch the game on the tube then listen to it on the radio.

And nothing really told me to spend the extra four bucks on the Best of XM. I thought we got a really bad deal on that package.

I mean, Oprah and Friends, The Vibe, NHL, College Sports, and the other channels, did not scream add me add me.....

8. YewLittleBitches

YewLittleBitches New Member

:rolleyes:

9. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Yeah, we should have some in a week.

10. ctkatz

ctkatz Member

three letters: N H L

i live in a hockey black hole. people here care more about the nfl and basketball than hockey while never seriously watching a hockey game. i don't like the nfl or nba so my sports choices locally are university of louisville talk (uofl is on sirius, which is why i went sirius) or university of kentucky talk, or colts, bengals, titans, packers, etc. no one talks hockey. i have been on nhl center ice since i could get the best of xm and right now, i'm essentially paying an extra $4 for one channel. worth every penny.

11. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Maybe some day if they add more channels, I'd have to cancel the sub on my Xact first and get the Whole House FM Transmitter and hook it up to my Stiletto.

12. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

So glad you are convinced on the Whole House deal vs the unspoken iggy that doesn't work nearly as well even if it had k5 type adjustments on the backside.

13. MM

MM Administrator

Whoa Bubba, wrong forum. ;)

14. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

Way to crowbar in the Bubba Speak. :D And I'm sure I'm making the right move based on your advice.

15. ProperModulation

ProperModulation Green Type of Tube

Is the whole house transmitter really that good? I have the other deal with the necessary mod and it works really well. I can get signal in my truck for a block or two before it fades away, so all the radios in the house pick it up just fine.

16. blyons200

blyons200 These pretzels are making me thirsty.

Will they be broadcasting ALL the NHL games on Sirius, or just some? I'm a small market team fan (Nashville Preds) and if they only broadcast some I doubt my Preds will be on much. The college football is tempting, though I'm more of a Big 12 fan and Sirius has that. (plus the season is half over already) If I knew I could get most of the Preds games I would spring for best of XM.

17. kingchuck69

kingchuck69 Joker! Joker! Joker!

I added nothing to my radio.

Sorry, but I'm not paying $3 extra per month to hear either Oprah or 0.0.

18. me_rubin

me_rubin Member

I really think the Sirius side missed out on much more revenue by not adding MLB. Even if it cost them more, there are so many people who listen only during the playoffs that it would of been worth the upgrade.

Depending on the new radio's released will determine my future whether it goes to XM or Sirius side now that both have Howard.

19. MM

MM Administrator

Agreed!

20. Chob

Chob Well-Known Member

When do we get the XM content piped into Sirius that we were told we'd get?