Best Internet Radio For SIRIUS XM

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I recently subscribed to SIRIUSXM online. Anyone have any good suggestions for an internet radio?

I have seen this.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-GDI-IR2600-featuring-iHeartRadio/dp/B006RG23JC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1355065803&sr=8-4&keywords=internet+radio"]http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Digital-GDI-IR2600-featuring-iHeartRadio/dp/B006RG23JC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1355065803&sr=8-4&keywords=internet+radio[/ame]

Thanks,

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think those are ok. I think TSS might have sold them at one time. I'm looking for something much smaller to put in my bathroom. I'm surprised we aren't seeing more of them on the market these days with all of the music on the net now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
If I was in the states and had access to the SXM internet app on my phone, I would listen to SXM the same way I listen to my iPhone music -- via a portable speaker set plugging into the headphone jack.

For the clock radio I use the TTR1. Not a bad radio but pretty basic and it like most SXM equipment has some quirks.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Last edited:

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I believe it will work. I have a logitech squezebox, it has it quirks but I have literally used it in my living room everyday since i gotbit 3 years ago. And it works with SXM, pandora, slacker, spotify, shourcast, and more. Great radio. they rebranded them and may be discontinued, but ebay andbother online places have them

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
I'm using the Grace Mondo and am really enjoying it.

From my research the Logitech UE Smart Radio has better sound and seems to have better build (from what I gathered reading the reviews). It also supports Slacker.The downside is that if you want to stream any of your own music then you need to run Logitech-specific software on your Windows or Mac. Also, it does not have iHeartRadio.

The Mondo supports iHeartRadio, but not Slacker. The Mondo does support standard DLNA servers like Twonky. I'm already running Twonky. I like that idea a lot better than hoping Logitech is still supporting their proprietary software a few years down the road.

So, for me the Mondo won out on:
- iHeartRadio
- DLNA

I've given up on Slacker and just use Pandora now. So that wasn't such an issue. I do like the idea of internet radio actually getting me real local stations which is why iHeartRadio integration was important. I really don't listen to one of the many Bob's Basement Radio stations that are broadcasting. Nothing against them.. I'm just not one to flip through a bunch of random stations.

The Mondo does make for a nice bedside radio. The sound is more on the order of 'bedside clock radio' than 'fill the room'.

sjam613

Oct 5, 2012
New Milford, CT
I believe it will work. I have a logitech squezebox, it has it quirks but I have literally used it in my living room everyday since i gotbit 3 years ago. And it works with SXM, pandora, slacker, spotify, shourcast, and more. Great radio. they rebranded them and may be discontinued, but ebay andbother online places have them

Have the Squeezebox Touch that they did away with. Love the thing but since they ditched production on them I will never get updates on the apps.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I'm using the Grace Mondo and am really enjoying it.

From my research the Logitech UE Smart Radio has better sound and seems to have better build (from what I gathered reading the reviews). It also supports Slacker.The downside is that if you want to stream any of your own music then you need to run Logitech-specific software on your Windows or Mac. Also, it does not have iHeartRadio.

The Mondo supports iHeartRadio, but not Slacker. The Mondo does support standard DLNA servers like Twonky. I'm already running Twonky. I like that idea a lot better than hoping Logitech is still supporting their proprietary software a few years down the road.

So, for me the Mondo won out on:
- iHeartRadio
- DLNA

I've given up on Slacker and just use Pandora now. So that wasn't such an issue. I do like the idea of internet radio actually getting me real local stations which is why iHeartRadio integration was important. I really don't listen to one of the many Bob's Basement Radio stations that are broadcasting. Nothing against them.. I'm just not one to flip through a bunch of random stations.

The Mondo does make for a nice bedside radio. The sound is more on the order of 'bedside clock radio' than 'fill the room'.
So you can get SIRIUSXM with that radio? (Mondo)

Brad Bishop

Dec 3, 2008
So you can get SIRIUSXM with that radio? (Mondo)

Yes. As long as you have the premium internet subscription (not the free that came with Lifetime).

All Grace radios seem to support SiriusXM:
Internet Radio | Grace Digital Audio

I really can't think of why you'd want to buy the TSS-1 (the SiriusXM only radio) over one of the Grace internet radios.

Just checked Logitech's site:
UE Smart Radio - Wi-Fi Music Player & Digital Media Receiver - Logitech

It looks like they support iHeartRadio now, along with everything else.

So the only reason not to go with Logitech would be because you didn't want to run proprietary Logitech software to get to your own library. Also looks like the support a lot of other services now like MOG, Spotify, etc. Click on the link and take a look.

wickerbill

Jan 20, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I really like both of my squeezebox radios (now UE smart radio). I've never had any problems with the software running on my mac. I'm pretty sure it's open source so hopefully it will be around for a while, but it is a risk. I also have a really good app on my iphone and ipad (iPeng) that works REALLY well at controlling both of my squeezebox radios and my squeezebox duet.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Does anyone know for the TTR1 internet radio will still work if you are subscribed to XM internet and NOT SIRIUS? I am guessing it will still work but want to be sure.

The instructions for the device says SIRIUS premium internet.

http://static.highspeedbackbone.net/pdf/TTR1_DOC_OM.pdf

It will work if it has the latest firmware update. Before the update, it just said "Sirius". Now it says "SiriusXM".

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Forgive me for all the questions. Doesn't all subscribers who opt for it have have SiriusXM "premium" internet now which is needed for the TTR1?

There is not a so called SiriusXM "basic" internet is there?

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Forgive me for all the questions. Doesn't all subscribers who opt for it have have SiriusXM "premium" internet now which is needed for the TTR1?

There is not a so called SiriusXM "basic" internet is there?

Basic internet is the free internet that came with the lifetime sub a while back.