Best 5 MP3 players

Discussion in 'Other MP3 Players' started by KTMCDO, Nov 29, 2008.

1. KTMCDO

KTMCDO Member

2. SubSonic

SubSonic New Member

I like my Samsung P2 4GB. Not the largest storage capacity, but it works great and the touch-screen is the most accurate of all my touch-enabled handheld devices, by far. It's even better than their own Samsung Glyde wireless phone that I have through Verizon.

I found cNet's reviews on it, and it got 4 out of 5 stars from the editors and from 30+ P2 owner reviews at their site. Must be outdated, or I think it would be in their Top 5. Nice player.

3. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I only own three mp3 players.

Stiletto 2, Samsung Instinct and iPod Classic 160 GB.

I would love to get the iPod Touch but it doesn't have enough memory for me! I believe my Samsung Instinct phone can come close, but I haven't tried out the mp3 feature yet.

4. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I would love to own the new third-gen Zune 120 GB (I used to own a first-gen Zune 30 GB). But... I have more important things on my plate at the moment. :(

5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I will not upgrade my iPod again until they come out with at least a 64gb iPod Touch. I passed on the 2nd gen iPod Touch and I will continue to hold till they can come out with one with more flash memory. I have no interest in any other device and though iPod Touches cost more, you get a hell of a lot of bang for the buck since they now allow the running of applications.

6. Wolf

Wolf Manspreading on DRC

I'm with yea DAB, a 60 GB ipod Touch could work for me! That alot more memory would defiantly work for me, right now I would max out any 30 GB mp3 players.

7. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I find with all the music applications, that much memory is almost unnecessary. Although I still plan on getting 120GB ipod Classic to hold all my collection, or barring that a 64GB iPod Touch if that comes out before I'm ready to buy again. Truthfully, between Slacker and the other radio apps I haven't spent a whole lot of time with my personal collection. But I do have a 5GB playlist of my stuff that swaps out listened to songs everytime I sync (smart playlists, ftw).

8. Grüpsaar

Grüpsaar DRC Forum Bum

Still going with my old 30gb 1st gen zune, it's filled up to the max, though. And, it's been getting a bit buggy lately, screen goes blank and buttons dont respond sometimes. I think it has to do with the cold weather, or the fact that its filled up completly, after I removed about a gig of content, it ran a bit faster, so i imagine the HD inside might take longer to load up when it's filled up. I'm looking in getting a new 120 zune sometime this year.