Before Autonomous Cars Take Over

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
What is the car you would like to own, drive yourself, and keep as long as you can, before autonomous cars take over?

I really only want one car. A Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

2017 Jeep Wrangler-jk Unlimited - On and Off-Road Capable SUV

I don’t care too much for which kind. I just know I want one to have, so I can at least drive myself out to the mountains or desert

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I did have the right vehicle I wanted to drive a few years ago a Ford Escape. Until I had some financial problems and it was taken away from me. But Hopefully in a few months, I can get a durable SUV again.

When I had my Escape, I drove through some areas in Arizona which has some beautiful scenery. Where a sedan can't take you, that why I'm like semi. I want an SUV again, to go through some back countries area. Plus maybe in a few years, I can also use it to haul stuff like a boat, watercraft or an ATV.

Last edited:
Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I want a Wrangler because:

1. I live in Houston and it floods here. Lots of clearance.
2. There's room to carry a bike in the back and keep it locked up.
3. The roof and doors come off so you can enjoy the outdoors while driving.
4. The interior is water resistant, so you can drive it without the roof and doors in the rain.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

4. The interior is water resistant, so you can drive it without the roof and doors in the rain.
It's also the Yin to the Miata's Yang.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com

In other words, meme would say.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I really only want one car. A Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

The Wrangler has been my dream, affordable car since before I could drive. I'd want the 2 door old school one. I'd want it yellow or Eagles green, with a black hard top.

Being water resistant is so cool! Some of them have a literal drain in the bottom you can unscrew to let the water out. And it seems like such fun to drive around with no doors or top. It would probably get old fast but I want to do it. I just love how they are little, affordable army cars and you don;t have to pay a ton to buy one like a Hummer and you don't look like an idiot driving one like you do in a Hummer...Unless you're Arnie.

But I never buy a new car. And I never finance. Every car I've owned has been bought up front, used. I like just forking over the money and then not having to worry about it. Where I work (at least for the time being) there are tons of granny cars that are 5 or 10 years old with almost no miles that go up for sale. My last two cars were both under 7k dollars and had under 35k miles.

I will get that Jeep at some point.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
The Wrangler has been my dream, affordable car since before I could drive. I'd want the 2 door old school one. I'd want it yellow or Eagles green, with a black hard top.

Being water resistant is so cool! Some of them have a literal drain in the bottom you can unscrew to let the water out. And it seems like such fun to drive around with no doors or top. It would probably get old fast but I want to do it. I just love how they are little, affordable army cars and you don;t have to pay a ton to buy one like a Hummer and you don't look like an idiot driving one like you do in a Hummer...Unless you're Arnie.

But I never buy a new car. And I never finance. Every car I've owned has been bought up front, used. I like just forking over the money and then not having to worry about it. Where I work (at least for the time being) there are tons of granny cars that are 5 or 10 years old with almost no miles that go up for sale. My last two cars were both under 7k dollars and had under 35k miles.

I will get that Jeep at some point.
A lot of old people in Florida. Once they die they need someone to buy their cars

Reactions: JHDK