Beard

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
So I've been at it for about 10 days now. Let's call the start date 9.19.19. I think it's coming along well. This is the first time I've ever tried facial hair. When I went to The Netherlands about 10 years ago with Hendrik my friend dared me to not shave the whole time...so I guess I had kinda a 2 week beard then but it was totally unkempt. This time around I still shave the top and bottom sides almost daily to keep its shape. I just now trimmed the bit between my bottom lip and chin. It was looking too bushy in the area between the end sides of my bottom lip, moving in towards the middle of my mouth, and my chin.

I think I'm going to stick with it for awhile. It's still itchy but Google says that goes away in 3 weeks.

Riker beards are cool.
Check out The Beard Board Beard Board

Motivation, tips, suggestions, galleries of dudes with various stages of beards.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Also @JHDK I recommend a good, natural beard soap and conditioner to help keep your beard soft. I like the stuff from these guys: All Natural Handmade Hair Care, Skincare & Beard Care Products - Beauty and the Bees

They sell beard balm too, which is like pomade for your beard. I find it too thick and greasy, but it's nice when you want a really groomed, slick look. Like for your court appearances.

A good beard brush helps too. Combing it keeps the hairs straight and soft.

Lastly, don't trim too much during the first few months, other than your neckline, cheeks and to keep hairs off your upper lip.

Reactions: HecticArt

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That gap you're talking about, is it this?
1570015734523.png

I've got a few spots where my beard/goatee doesn't fill-in either. Plus mine's mostly gray now, so it's getting damn near pointless.

I was going to ask if your hair now is long like your 1st mug shot, or short like your 2nd, and then I thought that might be inappropriate. But now I see, thanks!

Oh, and the watch is nice!
Yup, that's the spot.

The hair is significantly longer than you guys have ever seen it, but nowhere near my longest. I may be a Republican these days but I still have a bit of hippie left in me.

Last edited:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
My phone is not letting me like all these posts!

Hectic, my ears ARE huge. Jeez... it’s like we were never married.

IRBS, I’m even more surprisingly nice these days. It’s true.

Although I’ve had beards on and off for a few years, this is the first time I’ve gone with the bald and beard look. The ventilation is great on top.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Got a norelco beard trimmer and it works well. Think I'll stick with the 7mm look for awhile. I'm also at a barber right now. I've been obsessing over making sure the bottom part is even so it's time to have a pro do it for me. Also about 10 days ago I trimmed the top way too far down. It's almost fixed now so that's good.

Riker beards are cool.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Got a norelco beard trimmer and it works well. Think I'll stick with the 7mm look for awhile. I'm also at a barber right now. I've been obsessing over making sure the bottom part is even so it's time to have a pro do it for me. Also about 10 days ago I trimmed the top way too far down. It's almost fixed now so that's good.

Riker beards are cool.
I was given a Wahl trimming set a few years ago, and it works well. It's nice having the attachments, so you can just pick the length you want, and easily trim without the risk of having your hand spasm and making a big bald spot.

Reactions: JHDK

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well I'm living the #BeardLife these days. I haven't cut it in about a week now, besides the top of the cheeks and bottom neck area. I usually do the 7mm beard trimmer thing but decided I wanted to see it grow out a bit. I think it looks good. What do you all think? Be honest, it won't hurt my feelings.

Riker beards are cool.

Last edited: