BBM for iOS and Android this summer

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by Andrew8468, May 14, 2013.

1. Andrew8468

Andrew8468 Plans on freezing in the dark

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

So what does BBM do that iMessage won't? And its a free download but is there a charge for use?

3. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

iMessage is not on other operating systems from what I have seen.

4. IdRatherBeSkiing

True. And until this summer, neither was BBM. But what is the difference between the 2 regarding functionality?

5. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

Channels, Video, Chat finding new users using wikitude or other location based services.

I haven't used it since September but from what I remember it is more social where as imessage is more texting with people that you already know.

6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Knowing Apple they'll probably turn iMessage into a clone of BBM just to compete with it.

7. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

Can claim that they invented it all along like cut & paste and the notifications.

8. Inspector6

Inspector6 Member

I think the future of the mobile computing, which is what smart phones are quickly becoming, will have to be cross platform based. I'm a BlackBerry user and I have to say the newest BlackBerry's are open to other platforms as a big part of the re-building BlackBerry by the new blood running the business. It only took them almost loosing everything to see that corporate devices only wasn't where the world is going.

9. AmuN

AmuN Member

10. Ehilbert1

Ehilbert1 Ooh-Rah!!!!

I was going to try BBM but I really like Go SMS Pro. If you have Android give it a shot. It's a great replacement for the stock SMS app and its free. My plan through our company has unlimited SMS so I just use that app. If I didn't have unlimited SMS I would give BBM a shot. Is is really that good?

11. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I only text stuff like "Wanna go eat?", and then only rarely. I can't see myself getting excited over a messaging app.

12. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

iMessage is pretty much the same thing right? I've already got that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

Is iMessage cross platform?

I couldn't get it to work on my ipad after I got rid of my iphone.

14. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

15. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Turning it on in settings usually works.

There are plenty of cross-platform 3rd party apps that aren't associated with the steaming pile that Blackberry is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

16. IdRatherBeSkiing

It's a free app. I downloaded it. I am on the fake waiting list while they pretend they have a huge queue ....

17. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Apple has a waiting list and a queue?

18. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

Sounds like Bloatware. No wonder BM is circling the toilet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. IdRatherBeSkiing

Blackberry has a queue. The App is downloaded but I need to get an e-mail from BlackBerry to actually use it.

20. IdRatherBeSkiing

Well I am through the queue and activated. Not too long of a wait.