Bbl

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Yea can you pick me up some kolache, please? I miss eating them in Houston!

shipleysinnards.jpg

In addition to my duties with Spelling Police, Internal Affairs Division, I'm also on the Czech Food Police. If it has meat in it, it can't be a kolache. It's a "klobasnek".

And they are plentiful in Houston. There's a drive-thru Kolache Factory on the way out of my subdivision.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
In addition to my duties with Spelling Police, Internal Affairs Division, I'm also on the Czech Food Police. If it has meat in it, it can't be a kolache. It's a "klobasnek".

And they are plentiful in Houston. There's a drive-thru Kolache Factory on the way out of my subdivision.

Thank you food police, but when I use to live in Sugar Land, Shipley donuts sold them as "kolache" or are they called something else now? Out on the west coast, people just call them "pigs in a blanket" even though they don't look like them.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Thank you food police, but when I use to live in Sugar Land, Shipley donuts sold them as "kolache" or are they called something else now? Out on the west coast, people just call them "pigs in a blanket" even though they don't look like them.

Oh, everyone around here calls them "kolaches". Only old school Czechs (and their food police) bother with "klobasnek".

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Oh, everyone around here calls them "kolaches". Only old school Czechs (and their food police) bother with "klobasnek".

Oh yea it did had an "s" on it, you guys should remember. My "s" key doesn't work! :jj: Damn it been over 10 years, since I had one. I want one now! :drool:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I don't know about a "kolache," but here in Virginia we call that a "pig in a blanket" and they're on Thursday's school lunch menu.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't know about a "kolache," but here in Virginia we call that a "pig in a blanket" and they're on Thursday's school lunch menu.

We have those, too, but they don't taste as good. Klobasneks and kolaches use really tasty sweet, soft dough. Pigs in blankets usually use some crappy biscuit dough.

But don't worry. Soon kolaches will spread to the uncivilized world, stolen from my people just like barbeque, chili, chicken fried steak and iced tea before them.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'll be back later, hanging out at Phoenix International Raceway to checkout the newly updated racetrack and some NASCAR cars going over 100+ mph.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Back in action!! Not too much of a hangover and my house didn't burn down.

Excellent evening.