Ballparks

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I have been to 2 events where the game was called off and I had to drive over 100 miles home.

We went to Pittsburgh for work a few years ago, and I almost bought tickets before we went, but finally decided that since they weren't selling out, I'd get them day of game. Good thing I waited. That was the week that hurricane Ivan blew through Pittsburgh and pretty much shut the city down. The flood water was all the way up the the gates at the park. I was really bummed, but glad I hadn't blown the cash.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
We went to Pittsburgh for work a few years ago, and I almost bought tickets before we went, but finally decided that since they weren't selling out, I'd get them day of game. Good thing I waited. That was the week that hurricane Ivan blew through Pittsburgh and pretty much shut the city down. The flood water was all the way up the the gates at the park. I was really bummed, but glad I hadn't blown the cash.
I never buy tickets for advance for Reds games because they seldomly sell out. So if it looks like there's a big chance of a rainout I'll just stay home. It's about a 90 minute drive for me to Cincy. GoReds, you must have crappy luck. I've been going to multiple games per year since I got my license in 94 and I've NEVER had a rainout. I've had one rain delay which only lasted about 30 minutes.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That was the only game that's been called. Do to the fact that they needed boats to get the stadium. Sat through a few rain delays in Chicago, but the beer guy kept us company.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Have been snowed out of two home openers in Cleveland. One at the old ballpark where I received the makeup game + one other ticket in return. The additional game was the next home game, which was also snowed out.

The other was in the new ballpark. Squalls so heavy that they used leaf blowers during the breaks to get it off the field. They finally gave up after numerous squalls and delays.