Bad Coffee

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by edalen, Nov 18, 2008.

1. edalen

edalen Member

Wow -- I am surprised at how much I dislike The Coffee House. I like acoustic rock, figuring if an artist can do that well, then "electric" would be a breeze. But the Coffee House seems to go out of its way to pick bad versions of cover songs that weren't that good the first time around.

Despite the name, this is not coffee house music. It's worse than a yawning festival -- it's stuff that borders between pointless and annoying. There were some bright spots this morning, but too far and few between. Too much decaf, not enough flavor.

To those who enjoy the Coffee House . . . I'll catch ya somewhere else.

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

I like this channel in doses as with many channels like this. It just doesn't hold my interest long term. It isn't because the content is boring as much as it is that acoustic rock just isn't my main cup of tea.

It is always funny when you have someone give a strong opinion against a channel, because you can bet there are others that really like it. I could take it or leave it, but have enjoyed it when I've taken the time to listen.

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I have given The Coffee House numerous listens, but I don't like it either.

Trying out The Loft right now to see how it is different.

4. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

based on the thread title I thought you'd just tried some of the coffee in my office

5. LOL IronJabroni!!! I thought we had a bad Starbucks experience.

6. roger2001

roger2001 New Member

I dont mind it, but yes you do really need to like the peticular type of music. I think for most people, they are hoping they turn it on as background music.

7. That is why I don't go to Starbucks or coffee houses any more!!!! THE DAMN MUSIC SUCKS!

8. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

You go to Starbucks for your music fix? I would have never guessed that.:smug:

9. No, I used to go there for coffee but the music is what got me to go to Dunkin Donuts for my java now!!!

10. bigdaddyII

bigdaddyII Member

My wife loves Coffee House. I listen every now and again until I fall asleep.

11. I actually like Spa 73, good get ready for bed music or on cablevision we have soundscapes. It's good to relax to after a long day!

12. edalen

edalen Member

I like Soundscapes on cable and I also liked Audio Visions on XM . . . Spa is okay about 2/3 of the time. I'm not big on flutes or warbling singers, but at lease the new Spa carries Hearts of Space. That helps.

13. Dave

Dave Member

I also enjoy The Coffee House. It's mellow, relaxing and the playlist is quite good.

I don't think it's suppose to be as eclectic and adventurous as The Loft but it does its job.

14. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I just recently started listening to this channel. I did not realize all the great acoustic tunes it has. (XM51)

:clap:

15. MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio1 MadisonRadio

Alright. My favorite time with the Coffeehouse is in the fall, during the day, out on deck when everyone is out of the house.

16. acap

acap Member

I love the Coffee House. They play a lot of great songs.

17. satrad65

satrad65 Member

I also love the coffee house; my favourite of the Sirius channels until The Bridge signed on. Still listen to the coffee house alot.

18. Jgatie

Jgatie Banned

I play Coffeehouse at my house every Sunday with my . . . uhhh . . . morning coffee.