Favorite Park/Ride

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Welcome to ATW 423!

My Disney blackout ends in 8 days and oh boy am I ready to head back to my parks. I've probably done one like this before but here I go again. I'll leave the poll open for 1 day but I'm just going to pick a park or ride I like an go with it since this is a spur of the moment ATW thread.

What is your favorite park or ride at Walt Disney World?

1564940243065.png

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I'm going to gamble on the Magic Kingdom winning.
I'll change later if necessary.

Disney architecture is my pick.
There aren't as many blueprints as I would have expected to show up with a quick search, but this elevation of Cinderella's Castle is fun.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
What was the?

I couldn't hear what you just said.....
Even though it's a cool blueprint, look how the top spire has to be offset to the right with a line. Silly architects drew a picture and didn't give themselves enough room to finish it.

Side note, there is a Disney rumor that the castle can be taken down piecemeal when a hurricane is coming. That is not true. What is true is that it was built to withstand serious storms. I've always thought it would be cool to stay at the Contemporary Resort during a hurricane. That's the one of the original WDW hotels and it has a clear view of the Magic Kingdom and also the monorail passes through it. They park the monorail cars in the resort during storms. It would be fun to watch the castle and Space Mountain during a storm. Too bad it costs hundreds per night...doubt I'll be staying there, storm or not, anytime soon.

1564948406602.png

1564948447088.png

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary also, just haven't done it yet.

It's a tough call if I prefer the Magic Kingdom or Epcot. They're both great.
Epcot gives me Spaceship Earth (top 3 ride for me) and the World Showcase. I wish I could spend more time there.
Magic Kingdom is just pure fun. I'll go with the Haunted Mansion. A Disney classic, and feeds my love for Halloween, a favorite day and time of year for me.

haunted-mansion-7.png

Reactions: HecticArt and JHDK

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Even though it's a cool blueprint, look how the top spire has to be offset to the right with a line. Silly architects drew a picture and didn't give themselves enough room to finish it.
Oh, BTW, it's called a break line. It's used to allow you to make a drawing that is legible but will still fit on a standard sheet of paper. (Back when that was drawn, they were probably drawing on linen or Mylar. Those were both more durable for hand drafting.)
:drccares:

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
The last time I went there, we were in Epcot, although doing the magic kingdom when the kids were young was the high point.

I looked at pictures I took from the Epcot trip, and came up with this. Not sure what ride it was, but it's a cool pic. EDIT: Looks like Soarin'.
IMAG1618.jpg

Reactions: JHDK