High School theme: Pick one option

• Least Favorite School Subject

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Graduation Day is around the corner for many students.
This week we're going back to high school!

1. Your High School Mascot
2. Your Graduation or Class Song
3. Your favorite school subject
4. Your least favorite school subject

Reactions: HecticArt and Wolf

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Mascots.

I wasn't a fan of high school.
I have no idea what the theme song was. (I didn't really know we had one.)

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
But I hated high school.
I'm with IRBS, I hated high school. Nothing but bullies, written up and detentions.
You guys were dorks. High school was a blast!

Nothing but written up and detentions.
I did get a ton of detentions though. I would show up late almost every morning Jr. and Sr. years cause there was a pointless morning assembly each day and I could use that time to be productive and drive around getting high before first period. I would just never show up to the detentions I got for being late and at the end of the year I'd have more detentions than days left of school so they'd make me do like 3 weeks of detentions and that was that. Good times.

And I got suspended for 2 weeks Jr. year for smoking pot on an overnight, class bonding trip. That sucked. I got suspended at the start of the school year and I had gotten my license a few months prior. As a result my parents didn't allow me to drive until the new year and I was forced to miss 3 Phish shows I already had tix for.

Last edited:

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com

I did get a ton of detentions though. I would show up late almost every morning Jr. and Sr. years cause there was a pointless morning assembly each day and I could use that time to be productive and drive around getting high before first period. I would just never show up to the detentions I got for being late and at the end of the year I'd have more detentions than days left of school so they'd make me do like 3 weeks of detentions and that was that. Good times.

And I got suspended for 2 weeks Jr. year for smoking pot on an overnight, class bonding trip. That sucked. I got suspended at the start of the school year and I had gotten my license a few months prior. As a result I wasn't allowed to drive until the new year and I was forced to miss 3 Phish shows I already had tix for.
Glad you thought high school was fun. Only thing I like about it was finally graduating and not seeing their sorry ass faces anymore. Because I got picked on a lot, got into fights and the bullies always got away with shit for the first couple of years. Somehow I always get written up and sent to the principal office.

After a while, I got tired of being written up and being sent to the office for detentions. I believe it was in my Junior year I started fighting back and becoming a rebellion. I simply took the those written slips and flush them down the toilet and finally step up to my bullies and fought back.

I been watching wrestling for years and simply use the dirty moves on my bullies and one of my best memories was one kid I couldn't stand. He was standing next to his open locker and I simply took the door and bashed it against his head. So maybe high school was fun after all. Plus if I still lived in Houston, I wouldn't attend my high school reunion.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am pretty sure I have missed most of my reunions. I no longer live in same city and left no forwarding instructions. I know they did 1 year and 5 year reunions since I was still in same city then. Didn't go. If I never see my classmates again it will be too soon.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
Oh, wait I had another good memory. There one kid which nobody in school couldn't stand and plus his father was a teacher. So he got away with crap.

I was in home economics and I took a hot glue gun and I had other students distract him as I simply glued his backpack to the desk.

When class was over and when he tried to pick up his backpack. It was like ripping tape on a hairy body part. It was so funny!

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Bully:
Bullied:
I hated high school.
I hated high school.
I also didn't particularly like high school, because I was bullied, I didn't enjoy classes, and I was neither a jock or popular. I hung-out with the intellectual, musically inclined nerds, but I was the class-clown outcast of that group. Also, my father put a lot of pressure on me to do well academically, but I never spent a minute studying until college. I spent all my minutes drinking.

The bullying issue actually got resolved during my freshman year. I was in a garage band with a kid who was an awesome drummer and a state boxing champ. He was also ready to snap at any minute, and loved getting into fights. No one bothered me once I became part of his protected group.

Our school mascot was one of those things that isn't polically correct anymore, so it changed recently. But I voted for it.

Reactions: Wolf and Aaron

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I wasn't bullied, but I hated school anyway. Introvert by nature, and you had all these people everywhere. Not cool.

But despite the hatred of school I always did well, self motivated kid.

Glad those days are over.

And here I am making us revisit the memories. Haha

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was bullied. Care not to discuss. No idea what school mascot was. I know we were the tartans so probably a Scottish guy in a kilt I guess. That was the logo. Don't think we physically had a mascot.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
My high school mascot was Knight.

I also attended another high school during my freshman year. But I was only there for a couple of months until we moved to another part of Houston area. Their mascot was the Rangers and I recall sometimes people dressed up as Power Rangers, which was pretty lame.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I hung out a little bit with all of the crowds, but wasn't really tight with any of them. It was a mix of band geeks, burn outs, smart kids, and a few jocks. Got bullied a little, but either fought back, could find someone from one of my crowds to help out, or could get one of my older brothers to step in. (If they weren't the ones bullying me, that is.) I fought dirty. I hit a guy with a board, stabbed one with a pencil, and shot another guy with a fire extinguisher. I held grudges too. I slit one guys bike tires, threw away another guys text books, put gum on someones chair, and super-glued a couple of locks on lockers.

Drafting and shop were my favorite classes. The shop teacher let a couple of us hang out in the shop while everyone else was at lunch. We would make weapons and bowls to sell to the burn-outs. I was in honors English and history, but have no idea why. I didn't apply myself, and just wasn't into the scene. Somehow I managed to get decent grades.

Graduation couldn't have come soon enough. I don't think I talked to more than 3 or 4 people from my class after graduation. a year or two after, I don't think I was talking to any of them. Meh.