Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trains

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I would go further back. Like, Blackberry …

This kind of blackberry?

blackberry-fruit-250x250.jpg

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
1st year of college we had to submit our computer programs on batch keypunch cards.
View attachment 4059

That thing is cool! I love watching Youtubes where people review/refurbish/play with old tech but most of the ones I subscribe to work on things like the IBM PC or Apple II...late's 70's early 80's gizmos.

This guy does some really neat stuff:

Lazy Game Reviews

Like getting Xbox One X to work on a CRT TV or hunting down parts and then putting together 90's computers. It's dumb, but I get a kick out of one of his segments where he reads through old circuit city newspaper ads.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
1st year of college we had to submit our computer programs on batch keypunch cards.
View attachment 4059
I missed that be 1 semester,

But we got to enter ours on this great technological breakthrough. I don't think the first ones were this exact model and brand but definitely used it at some point.
1ac4.jpg

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I missed that be 1 semester,

But we got to enter ours on this great technological breakthrough. I don't think the first ones were this exact model and brand but definitely used it at some point.
View attachment 4060
Ha, we had those at the workplace.

As far as college, we had a modern computer room, with a bunch of networked terminals, but it couldn't handle 500 additional freshmen all needing access at the same time.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Ha, we had those at the workplace.

As far as college, we had a modern computer room, with a bunch of networked terminals, but it couldn't handle 500 additional freshmen all needing access at the same time.

Yes, we got to our computers by the time I graduated by accessing a 'dataswitch'. Allowed you to choose which system you wanted to connect to. Also would boot you if you were idle too long. I designed some little programs which cancelled that by echoing a null character every minute. Enhanced it later to also turn the little lights on the terminal on in succession by echoing the proper escape code. Also designed a busy program which would lock the terminal so nobody else could access it while you went and got a coke or a pizza. Before you say I was a complete asshole, I made the programs available to all to use as well. The good old days.

Modern computer programmers (anybody that has gone to university post 90s) have it much too easy.

Reactions: scotchandcigar