ATW #146: Planets

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Planets won the ATW #146: Voting Thread, for the week of 1/19/14 - 1/25/14, choose your planet.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Earth. Best. Planet. Ever.

AS8-16-2593_lrg.jpg

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Where is the cyber stampede to claim Uranus for the week?

I chose Mercury to feel warmer with a cold mass visiting from Canada this week and temps 15/0.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Where is the cyber stampede to claim Uranus for the week?

I chose Mercury to feel warmer with a cold mass visiting from Canada this week and temps 15/0.

Typical. You think everyone wants Uranus. I wouldn't touch Uranus with a 10 foot pole.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I know a whole lot. I know every gene in me evolved to kick ass on Earth, and no other planet will ever provide a better environment for that ass kicking.

How do you that evolution didn't have you marked for death, but modern medicine and vaccinations (and likely eyeglasses) saved you from that fate? There are a lot of us running around in 2014 that would have been bear food in 1714.

All jokes aside, what you state in general terms is true of all life on Earth, which is why it's amusing to me when info-tainment narrators on the Discovery Channel talk about how the Earth is perfect for life--it has water, oxygen, it's not too hot or cold, it's just far enough from the sun, etc., etc.

No, dumbass. We're just what life happens to look like given those conditions. Change the variables, and you get different life, and somewhere Zork the nine-legged asymmetrical silicon-based life form is on their Discovery Channel (probably called the Discouvery Channel) talking about how perfect the planet Brorsecock is for life: ice cold, full of silicon, far from the damaging rays of the sun, no highly flammable oxygen, etc.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
How do you that evolution didn't have you marked for death, but modern medicine and vaccinations (and likely eyeglasses) saved you from that fate? There are a lot of us running around in 2014 that would have been bear food in 1714.

Evolution doesn't mark anyone for death. Evolution is just genes replicating as best they can.

My genes won over all the genes that didn't replicate as much. I have the ass kickingest genes ever.

All jokes aside, what you state in general terms is true of all life on Earth, which is why it's amusing to me when info-tainment narrators on the Discovery Channel talk about how the Earth is perfect for life--it has water, oxygen, it's not too hot or cold, it's just far enough from the sun, etc., etc.

No, dumbass. We're just what life happens to look like given those conditions. Change the variables, and you get different life, and somewhere Zork the nine-legged asymmetrical silicon-based life form is on their Discovery Channel (probably called the Discouvery Channel) talking about how perfect the planet Brorsecock is for life: ice cold, full of silicon, far from the damaging rays of the sun, no highly flammable oxygen, etc.

Right. Best. Planet. Ever.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I will go with the terreformed Venus that semi posted about a while back.

ETA: Image too big so just the regular old Venus for me.

venus_med.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: