Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Our little Wolfie!
41.jpg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Once again, I'm taking the reins here for ATW. Pick the favorite pet you've owned.

I'm going with our current dog Penny. She's the best behaved, best natured, best companion we've ever had. Other dogs we've had come close, but she gets the nod.
View attachment 5700

Why do you put sunglasses on your dog?

The one on the center console is really cute though.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Mine is Athena on a technicality. She is really the first pet I owned. I found our last cat, Tom, when I was in high school but he went where my parents went when they moved. I've had Athena with me since she was a few weeks old...She will be 10 this December.

I'll post a pic later.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Once again, I'm taking the reins here for ATW. Pick the favorite pet you've owned.

I'm going with our current dog Penny. She's the best behaved, best natured, best companion we've ever had. Other dogs we've had come close, but she gets the nod.
View attachment 5700
BTW, before anyone complains that this is unsafe for a dog, we don't allow her to stand once we get moving along. She rides in the back seat, and sometimes pokes her head between the seats.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
BTW, before anyone complains that this is unsafe for a dog, we don't allow her to stand once we get moving along. She rides in the back seat, and sometimes pokes her head between the seats.
It is technically unsafe for a dog to be in a car without a seat belt. But I don't believe anybody really pays any attention to that. I know my dogs would not tolerate being put in a seat belt.

I love all my pets current and past. Hard for me to pick just one. Let me think on it.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
It is technically unsafe for a dog to be in a car without a seat belt. But I don't believe anybody really pays any attention to that. I know my dogs would not tolerate being put in a seat belt.
This a point of debate. Mrs Scotch is in the pet care business, and she's aware of instances where a seat belt prevents a dog from getting out of a bad situation.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This a point of debate. Mrs Scotch is in the pet care business, and she's aware of instances where a seat belt prevents a dog from getting out of a bad situation.
I am sure it depends on the situation. Certainly they lack the ability humans do to know when to unbuckle their seatbelt to get out of a bad situation. But if you crash, the force of them flying forward may not be too good for them.

Like I said, I don't know of too many owners (actually I know personally of none -- a couple people in a schnauzer forum say they do it) who do buckle their dogs. It also is not particularly comfortable for them on an uneventful trip.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My favourite cat was Boogersnot. He was batshit crazy but he would come on my lap and just want to be loved. But he was still a cat which puts him one step below dogs. Of all my dogs, my favourite was my second pug dog (as a teenager) ... Joey. I have no digital pictures of him. My second favourite was my first dog I owned as an adult ... also batshit crazy .... Fred. He was a jack russel & pug cross. The idea was to fix the pug shortcomings like the short nose and breathing difficulties. What you got was a dog not with the pug's gentle temperment but a dog with the jack russel temperment and the weight and mass of a pug. But he was sweet and crazy and I loved him. And I have pics of him so he becomes my avatar. The pic is too big to include in the post. I have included a pic of Boogersnot in my post.

IMG_0144.jpg