Artie v. Gary

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
also good to hear gary tell artie he doesn't like how artie treats the show with his absenses.

and shame on artie for saying he is not gonna change his behavior unless howard says something to him personally. what a dick

and kudos to young will for having the balls to call artie out.

I agree with most of this but I hate Young Will more than I hate almost anyone on the show. he has such an attitude and I have no idea why. He annoys me almost as much a Benji and Lisa G.

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
LOL, what the all need to do is argue with artie for a few minutes the throw cd's and water bottles at him every chance they get. Then maybe he will stop acting like a baby:bigthumbup:

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
What difference to Gary does it make if Artie is lying or not? Gary keeps saying its not about Artie getting away with stuff or receiving special treatment - but that is a lie!

It is simple jealousy. I mean, how have Artie's lies have impacted Gary personally in any way?

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
It is simple jealousy. I mean, how have Artie's lies have impacted Gary personally in any way?

Well, it makes Gary look like an idiot for defending Artie on the Wrap-Up Show. There were lots of times when callers questioned something Artie had done or said, but Gary stuck up for Artie and said he believed him. Then, Artie reveals on the show that he really was lying about all of that stuff.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
True, but that can be said about anyone in the studio (except Robin!). Gary has plenty of people to commiserate with - it's not like he was singled out to look stupid.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Who saw this coming ? :crazy:

Everyone who isnt leaglly blind, its about time someone stood up to the baby gorilla. :wah:

Why at times it even sounded as if Howard was piling on, but as qucik as he did he would back off. :eek:mfg:

I was just a bit disappointed that Gary said artie had a pluse when Howard asked if they had made up. :no:

I hope to catch the WUS on the way home to get a feel for myself as to where this is currently.
:shock:

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
What's funny is when Dr. Drew told everyone to watch Artie give the sample, ". . . penis in cup . . .", Artie freaked out and said no way. When everyone said it was just to make sure he didn't smuggle urine into the sample container, he came back with, "How the hell could I do that? I can't do that. It's beyond me."

Then a couple of weeks later, he admits to buying urine! I guess he thought he could do that and get away with it!

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
What difference to Gary does it make if Artie is lying or not? Gary keeps saying its not about Artie getting away with stuff or receiving special treatment - but that is a lie!

I think it is the fact that Gary actually cares about the show and works hard for it and it pisses him off that Artie's stand up shows, drug habit, etc always come first and the show is always the first thing that Artie seems to dismiss when times are hard. Also, minus only ONE time that Howard and Artie gets into it, Gary gets it from Howard every day and despite his frequent absence, drug abuse, lies and sleeping, Howard seems to let Artie go.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I think it is the fact that Gary actually cares about the show and works hard for it and it pisses him off that Artie's stand up shows, drug habit, etc always come first and the show is always the first thing that Artie seems to dismiss when times are hard. Also, minus only ONE time that Howard and Artie gets into it, Gary gets it from Howard every day and despite his frequent absence, drug abuse, lies and sleeping, Howard seems to let Artie go.

I think it's because Howard likes the train wreck. It's good filler for the show. Like someone said before, Artie is just a wack packer with tons of money.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
What's funny is when Dr. Drew told everyone to watch Artie give the sample, ". . . penis in cup . . .", Artie freaked out and said no way. When everyone said it was just to make sure he didn't smuggle urine into the sample container, he came back with, "How the hell could I do that? I can't do that. It's beyond me."

And at that very moment, he had the purchased urine in his inside jacket pocket.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
i don't get it. Artie lies CONSTANTLY, but gets pissed when someone calls him a liar?

I love the guy, but like someone else said, its hard to defend him anymore.

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
i don't get it. Artie lies CONSTANTLY, but gets pissed when someone calls him a liar?

I think that a couple of things set him off. One, that it was Gary (somebody he feels relatively close to) basically saying "I don't believe what he says". The second (and maybe most important) thing is that Gary used the "jogging with the Rolling Stone writer" example. Artie was really pissed off about that article and it seems like any mention of it or the writer gets him upset. For example, the writer stopped by the Wrap-Up Show and gave them an explanation/defense for the article. The next day when it was talked about on Howard's show, Artie went ballistic all over again. I think it was the reference to the Rolling Stone piece that really set him off, but Artie won't admit to it.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I woke up REAL FAST! F'n ROBIN with her ARE YOU ON SUBUTEX? and that was the end of that.

dZilla

Oct 17, 2008
Cold North
Look Artie wants hsi friends to be friends and thats why he was offended by the 'lying bit'

Its been said over and over again in the show, Artie is a 'caring guy' and would most likey do anything for anyone in the show if asked. I.e. money favours things that 'friends do'....

Artie is insulted that a friend woudl call him a liar and untrustworthy. I totally understand his explanation of the difference between him lying about drug use etc.. and him lying to his friends............. The line that needs to be crossed for Artie to get better is when his 'friends' do turn their back on him and say "listen Artie it doesn't matter what you do or say unless you get help its not going to matter anymore"

But that wouldn't be good anyways, the show is FAR better without Artie getting better ha ha...

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
He may have had a valid point about Artie, but Gary really came off as a little cunt this morning. To me he did anyway. He's still worried if Artie really wanted him to go on the USO Tour? He's hurt by Artie's lies? Geez, let's all go upstairs, get under the covers and sob! :bigcry:

He would give just about anything to be best buds with Artie; nothing would please him more than to have a budding bromance with the fat man. I think it's finally starting to hit him that it'll never happen, and today he lashed out at Artie and threw a temper-tantrum. But instead of throwing away all hope, he ended the exchange by saying Artie still has a heartbeat. Oh what a little cunt! The whole time Gary was crying and saying how hurt he was, that sound bite Fred always plays from The Godfather kept repeating in my head, "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!!!!"

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I hope that Gary whips out his old VHS camera and sends Artie a video where he lays out all of his intentions.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I hope that Gary whips out his old VHS camera and sends Artie a video where he lays out all of his intentions.

Yes, I would encourage that as well. I bet he considers his personal life these days at about a 7 or 8. If Artie was in it, I'm sure it'd be a "noin".