Artie News

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
When you have a resume as an actor and a stand-up comedian, maybe it's hard to reach your peak as a side-kick. But Artie truly did that. I love the Sour Shoes impressions. He has not only caught the voice but many other things like Artie's obsession with food and Artie 's reliance on his longshoreman, working guy references. I think Artie must appreciate it. I will never forget the Joe Buck HBO show. For me, it was a foretaste of the nasty side of Artie. Too much obscenity. Too much hostility.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Artie is funny, and you can bet the people at "Gold's Gym" cringed when they saw this picture.

Gold's Gym has always seemed really douchy to me...like you gotta have a six-pack and bulging 'roided out biceps before you can even think about entering their doors.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
if any of u guys have yet to check out arts podcast he just tweeted a code for a free month. i think u still have to give ur credit card info but if u cancel after the free trial is up there is no charge.

Artie Lange ‏@artiequitter 8m8 minutes ago
Artie Lange retweeted daniel falato

Get a free trial for my podcast with code Artie673

the art show has become part of my daily listening. some days are better than others but overall its really worth checking out if u like him on stern.

Reactions: beaniemac

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
just to reiterate what @JHDK said, I'm not a regular artie listener. But I did listen to the 9/15 show cuz there was a thread on reddit about it and stuttering john was on.

basically they ADDRESSED damn near EVERYTHING thats' going on behind the scenes with the direction of the show. I highly suggest you check it out. it is on youtube even so you can hear it free.

even Radaronline has picked up on the podcast from the other day.

Artie Lange & ‘Stuttering’ John Melendez Chat About Howard Stern’s Political Correctness, Hollywood Friends | Radar Online

Last edited:

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
You guys need to listen to his podcast for the last two days. He said he basically talked to Howard only once after the suicide attempt and that was it. Howard said to call him if he needed anything. Artie called Howard three times and he never returned his calls.

Artie said it bothered him that Howard made a conscious decision that he never wanted to talk to Artie ever again. He said he said Howard once by accident at the hospital while visiting Robin.

Hanzi was on the phone and brought up the lovefest between Howard and Ellen. Artie couldn't believe that Howard told her he loved her dancing. Artie said they made fun of it all the times and got douche chills.

Also you can tell Artie is bothered by Howard's psychotic behavior. He said they worked together, even double dated and it bothers him that Howard cut him off completely.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Howard's world is very strange. He's obviously got issues reaching out to Artie. Look at Jackie - Howard shit on him relentlessly, then gave him a show on 101. He's close with Gary, yet shits on him all the time. He said he regretted what he said about Robin Williams, but never reconciled and the guy died.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
You guys work with people, I've worked with many people. You see each other every day of the week, you hang out after work, you go to lunch together etc. Then you leave the job and it takes hard work to stay in touch. I've been dropped by 'friends' and I've dropped friends. Ask yourself if you'd want to stay in close touch with an addict who tried to kill himself. Howard is a strange case study for sure but I might keep a safe distance away from a guy like Artie too.

Reactions: microbob and JHDK

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
On today's show, Howard claims the article in which Artie trashes Howard was a plant, done by some tabloid writer. Anyone else hear this or know anything about the claim?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
On today's show, Howard claims the article in which Artie trashes Howard was a plant, done by some tabloid writer. Anyone else hear this or know anything about the claim?

Bunch of horse shit. He's likely heard the podcast segment, at least a portion of it. They live for this shit.

i think it was more selective editing of what art really said on his podcast. he must have spent 3-5 hours talking about howard over the past two weeks. pretty much all of it was him talking about being upset about how things ended and how it was his fault. he said a ton of great stuff about howard. there were like 2 or 3 sentences from the whole rant that could be considered bashing howard and taken in context they are kinda throw away lines. of course no one wants to read that so if i was a tabloid reported id focus in on those few sentences. that way u get both howard and art talking about it and get the most mileage out of the article.

Reactions: Bark

Salesman

Jul 27, 2011
Artie said that he tried to get on Howard after his second book was released. They said no and then Artie's book publisher tried to buy ads on the channels. Again Howard refused to even do that. They didn't even want Artie to have paid ads on the channel.

Howard and company are a bunch of fucking scumbags. There is a place in hell reserved for Howard. He cut Artie dead. Fuck Howard.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Howard and company are a bunch of fucking scumbags. There is a place in hell reserved for Howard. He cut Artie dead. Fuck Howard.
You've clearly established over the years that you despise Howard. What Artie did was inexcusable. Some would move on, some would not. Howard is not. I don't think it's too surprising.

Reactions: JHDK and microbob

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You've clearly established over the years that you despise Howard. What Artie did was inexcusable. Some would move on, some would not. Howard is not. I don't think it's too surprising.

it seems pretty clear. howard gave art a year of doing what he could to help. letting him take off for rehab for however long he needed and being welcomed back. art left rehab early to relapse and lied about it. after all that time art then attempted suicide and that was the last straw. u cant really blame howard for cutting him off forever. art is an addict. there is a solid chance that, at some point, this will all repeat itself. its understandable that art is hurt that howard made the drastic decision but even he understands that he brought it upon himself.

Reactions: greenearth

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
This has been bubbling for years now, since he started up with dipaolo. Artie was so grateful to be back on the air in 2011 but now feels like he can let things go without a network to halt him.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Siding with Artie [of today] on this. I agree that Artie burned bridges with his previous lies. However, there is a difference between hiring him again and having him on one last time. It's weird to avoid the real Artie and ban him from having commercials, but then having Sour Shoes do impressions of Artie.

Howard is being too emotional. Have Artie on one last time. It's not enabling to allow for closure.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Howard got another call today. His MO is laughable. He berates the caller, hangs up on him, and then reframes the issue saying he loves Artie. Okay, but the question is, "when are you going to have him on/talk with him?"

Painfully obvious that Howard never wants to interact with Artie again.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Howard got another call today. His MO is laughable. He berates the caller, hangs up on him, and then reframes the issue saying he loves Artie. Okay, but the question is, "when are you going to have him on/talk with him?"

Painfully obvious that Howard never wants to interact with Artie again.
Heard this and felt the same way. You can even hear how when Howard is bullshitting, the words don't come out as smoothly as usual. He absolutely did not answer the question as to why he won't have Artie on the show. At one point, he implied that Artie didn't ask to be on the show. Anyway, as you said, he made it sound like he's repeatedly being asked a different question - something more like "do you communicate with Artie?". And Howard can't even comfortably answer the reframed question, saying; "I see him, got together with him, gave him a hug, asked how he's doing". Pathetic.

Reactions: Bark