Arizona Monsoon Storms

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
When it rains it pours?
and that not the end of the storm. The storm moved up north and flooding Black Canyon City, which means the water will come down the river and washes and flood parts of Phoenix again. This is a live picture of people trap in there house, which you can see in the left window.

Last edited:

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
I do have a dry up riverbed, not far from me. But so far, I don't see any much water in that river yet.

I also heard on the news, that this storm will keep moving north and will probably hit Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon later today.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
in ur second pic wolf there is one jerk who thinks he can get through in a right lane when everyone else in on the left. there are always a few dummies who risk it and think they can get through. thats the type of person who winds up on top of the car needing a helicopter to pick him up.

Reactions: semipenguin

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
in ur second pic wolf there is one jerk who thinks he can get through in a right lane when everyone else in on the left. there are always a few dummies who risk it and think they can get through. thats the type of person who winds up on top of the car needing a helicopter to pick him up.
If the driver decides to drive through it on there own, gets stuck and needs rescuing. Arizona has a stupid motorist law, which I love this law.

Stupid Motorist Law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The “Stupid Motorist Law”, which corresponds to section 28-910 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, states that any motorist who becomes stranded after driving around barricades to enter a flooded stretch of roadway may be charged for the cost of his/her rescue.

The need for the law came from the lack of storm sewers in the deserts of the Southwestern United States, combined with heavy rainfall in the desert, usually associated with the summer monsoon season. If public emergency services (such as a fire department, orparamedics) are called to rescue the motorist and tow the vehicle out of danger, the cost of those services can be billed to the motorist, plus additional liability of up to $2,000.

Reactions: semipenguin

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
So this happens often enough to pass a law holding motorists liable for their rescue, but not often enough to build proper drainage?

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
So this happens often enough to pass a law holding motorists liable for their rescue, but not often enough to build proper drainage?
That the problem with Phoenix, most of the areas don't have sewer drains. But a lot of the flooded areas that got hit today are new communities, that use to contain washes or areas like Black Canyon City or New River are out in the middle of nowhere and don't have anything.