sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Was Not Was
#7 "Walk The Dinosaur"
#16 "Spy In The House Of Love"

I definitely knew Dinosaur back then and still like it now (and I've heard it at the grocery store recently too). I didn't know Spy until the VJ and don't hear it anywhere else.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Was Not Was
#7 "Walk The Dinosaur"
#16 "Spy In The House Of Love"

I definitely knew Dinosaur back then and still like it now (and I've heard it at the grocery store recently too). I didn't know Spy until the VJ and don't hear it anywhere else.
First, if Was (Not Was) is not in the list of bad band names, it sure as hell should be.

Walk the Dinosaur is a very recognizably annoying 80's song. I never heard the other one. But I was a big fan of the band Animal Logic (with Stewart Copeland from The Police), and their big hit was "(There's a) Spy in the House of Love", which came out in '89 (2 years after the song above). But there seems to be no relation. For me, W(NW) is a 1HW.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Animal Logic was great. I used to listen to them all the time.

I know both of the WnW tunes, but that’s it for his recordings. He produced a bunch of bands though.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Never heard of them. I listened to the countdown last night and missed this song entirely.
tumblr_nq1pdo1a2u1s3h43ko1_500.gif

• Haha
Reactions: scotchandcigar

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Divine
#1 "Lately"
#29 "One More Try"

f4540019ef89330107f24202f162f15f.423x307x1.jpg

Divine was an American R&B girl group formed in 1996 who are best known for their 1998 hit single "Lately". The group consisted of Kia Thornton, Nikki Bratcher and Tonia Tash. They made a cover version of the George Michael song "One More Try". The group disbanded in 2000.

Don't know either song.

sadchild

Dude
Mar 28, 2016
NH
www.asimplecomplex.com
Indeed. It is believed Korn wrote a song that was somewhat inspired by that person

“Divine”, the fifth track of Korn’s debut self-titled album, was one of the earliest songs the band recorded at the legendary Buck Owens studio in Bakersfield. Suicidal Tendencies (and later Metallica) bassist Robert Trujillo was involved in writing the song.

Some fans suggest “Divine” is about the sting of revenge, telling a story of Jonathan wanting someone who didn’t want him but then the tables turn and he finds this person wants him now. Others believe the song is about a guy doing whatever it takes to get rid of a girl. There is also speculation that the song title refers to the 300-pound transvestite actor Divine, since frontman Jonathan Davis was a fan of his work:

I’m a big fan of Divine and his movies ‘cos they’re so fuckin’ horrible! He did Pink Flamingos and shit like that. That’s a pretty sick movie.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Edward Bear
#3 "Last Song"
#37 "Close Your Eyes"

From Toronto. Named after Winnie The Pooh. Juno Award winners.

I've never heard either song.
Haha, Casey Kasem told the longest, most fucked-up story about this band. They kept firing drummers. They went through like 21 drummers. And finally, the lead singer took over as drummer, and they made this song. But if you listen to the song (Last Song), there's hardly any drumming in it. It's no In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida. Also, the singer kinda sucks too. And I believe they're Canadian.

Reactions: sadchild

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
A.A. Milne gave a stuffed bear to his son Christopher Robin Milne on August 21, 1921, the boy's first birthday. The bear was called Edward. Milne later renamed it Winnie after Winnipeg, a brown bear that Christopher saw at the London Zoo and liked. In his 1924 book When We Were Very Young, Milne wrote, “Christopher Robin, who feeds this swan in the mornings, has given him the name of ‘Pooh.’ This is a very fine name for a swan, because, if you call him and he doesn’t come (which is a thing swans are good at), then you can pretend that you were just saying ‘Pooh!’ to show him how little you wanted him.” But why did the character become Winnie-the-Pooh instaed of Winnie Pooh? We may never know.

Larry Evoy co-founded Edward Bear in 1966 in Toronto. Here in Los Angeles, Last Song got to #7 on the KHJ Thirty. KHJ never played Close Your Eyes. Neither did KRLA. It reached #3 in Canada and #11 on Billboard's adult contemporary chart. Edward Bear's first chart hit, You Me & Mexico got to #3 in Canada, #68 on the Hot 100 and #38 on the adult contemporary chart in June 1970. Evoy wrote all three songs.

Reactions: sadchild