Apple Announcement (iPad Info) 1-27-10

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Who is excited and will be tuning in at 1pm Eastern?

I will be. I am interested in what they'll be unveiling.

I don't need or want a tablet, but I am interested in any iPhone news.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
I want the ability for apps to run in the background in the iPhone and iTouch!

yeah, that's right... I said "iTouch"!

916.gif

:smug:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
If he didn't, I was gonna. :D

Seriously, I'm looking more forward to a possible iPhone 4.0 (with multitasking, maybe?) Any new computer purchases will have to wait.

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm excited about the whole event. Don't tell Taylor but I'm not going to be too productive tomorrow from Noon until the conference is over.
I'm excited about the new OS and I'm excited about the tablet. I'm mostly excited about finally finding out whats going to be included in the tablet. I've been watching for two years. Waiting to see what will be included. I can't wait!

Reactions: Aaron

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I'll be checking out some of the live blogging. I always enjoy seeing what's next from Jobs and Apple. Not sure I'm interested in a tablet, but then I didn't think I'd have a need for the iPod Touch I'm using to post this message. :)

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I'm mildly curious because I've got a friendly bet on the price of the tablet. I picked $799. My friends picked lower, so I'm pretty confident I've got this one.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Word on the street is that multi-tasking will be on OS 4.0.

Multitasking plus Slacker caching would be a killer combo. One of the great things about my Blackberry is being able to listen to Pandora or Slacker while doing other stuff. I'd love to be able to do that with my Apple Ipod with touchscreen interface.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I want an iPod Phone :)

That is too funny! Swipe, Swipe! hehehe

I'm mildly curious because I've got a friendly bet on the price of the tablet. I picked $799. My friends picked lower, so I'm pretty confident I've got this one.

I think you got this too without much doubt! If they do $799 I'll be surprised.

Multitasking plus Slacker caching would be a killer combo. One of the great things about my Blackberry is being able to listen to Pandora or Slacker while doing other stuff. I'd love to be able to do that with my Apple Ipod with touchscreen interface.

Yeah multi-tasking has been a huge oversight on the iPhone. I hope they do roll it out in OS 4.0 and soon too! I recently jailbroke my iPhone, but I've not allowed myself to test out too much of the software out there. I guess my thought is that if the do roll out OS 4.0 with multi-tasking I'll do a recovery with the new OS and go back to an un-jailbroken phone. But I can tell you the multi-tasking is GREAT on the iPhone.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I just hope they don't lower prices on Macbook Pros or announce new ones, any other announcement is fine with me. :jj:

And I hope these tablets don't hit stores soon because I need to take my old iPod Photo in to be restored (which is a pain in the ass since it doesn't show up in iTunes for me) and I don't like when people mob the store just to stare at shit. Although I have to admit I did a fair amount of staring at the Macbook Pro before getting it. :eek:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I just hope they don't lower prices on Macbook Pros or announce new ones, any other announcement is fine with me. :jj:

And I hope these tablets don't hit stores soon because I need to take my old iPod Photo in to be restored (which is a pain in the ass since it doesn't show up in iTunes for me) and I don't like when people mob the store just to stare at shit. Although I have to admit I did a fair amount of staring at the Macbook Pro before getting it. :eek:

Heh. I hear ya'. I just bought my MBP in September. I don't think they will touch on updates to things like the MBP - usually these special events tend to be pretty narrow in their focus. So I expect tablet stuff and related info, maybe info about a new iTunes to support it, etc. Not sure I'm even expecting iPhone OS update info, either.

I could be wrong though, since Steve likes to pull the "Oh, and one more thing..." trick whenever he can :)

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
Apparently there are rumors going around there will also be an Apple/Verizon announcement. Perhaps the iPhone on VZW?