Anyone into Paintball?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
It looks just about right to start playing there now. The messier the better.

I haven't been able to play yet this year. Working too many weekends. But I'm not complaining.

I was able to play earlier this year, I want to play again. But Phoenix is averaging 110+ degrees right now and no way in hell, I will play in that heat. But yea you are right, it is more messy and could be a bit fun to play in.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Yesterday for several hours, I played paintball for the first time in almost 2 years with a few friends and damn I miss this sport. The first couple of games, I got out early. Because I was a bit rusty. Yes I was getting nailed quite a bit threw out the game, good thing I had a chest protector on. But for the rest of the game, I got my rhythm back and lasted throughout the games. One game, I shot like 5 people with my somewhat upgraded gun. I bought a APEX barrel and it 16" long, damn my paintballs must been flying nearly 50 yards across the rec field. The barrel has a twist at the end, where it helps you play with the wind and you can adjust how many yards, where the balls will fly.

2BmS-aAAoWlZqggAzVwFtOZeqadmY3y_EpRrXpoWCPVfI6qCn8aP6zqhhSD0uur5cSG4CiGumaGvuJCiYxssWSgJe4OqwZOU9tz3bZ7FhD41YZQTCOVlDHVZfauJ3BuOp8NcihEnyK7tmI8B0odShpi11auX_2Tjc26bJlIpXCxOPmyutF96_i8gTUAwACah

But now today, I fully upgraded my gun even more with a bigger gauge tube and soft fingers for the cyclone hopper. Applentyly my trigger was a bit faster, then my cyclone and where the balls weren't coming out fast enough. Now they even more! :hhh: I might need to buy a bigger compressed air tank.

But now today, my body is a bit sore with a couple of welts from the paintballs.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Glad you had fun. I didn't get to play at all this year. :(

Chest protectors are for girls. Welts are for men. :guns:

Thanks!

Haha, those paintballs shooting at you without a chest protection hurts like a heck! I can take some welts on my side, but still I rather protect my chest when those balls come flying at a good rate of speed. My friend, when he was running around on the field, he had no hat on and when dip his head for a sec, a paintball smacked him in the head and left a nice mark!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I (obviously) wear the face mask, but I wear gloves, long sleeves, a neck protector, and a cap. No other pads. The welts and bruises hurt, but it gives you the motivation to get better and not get shot!

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
That cool, I wear all that gear as well but the neck protector, the chest protector I own, once I put it on it fills like I'm not wearing one. But I do agree those welts and bruises does give some people a rush.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I got myself a new paintball gun, the Tippmann TPX Pistol. It uses a CO2 cartridge and 7 rounds of regular paintball ammo in the magazine.

tippmann_tpx_pistol_001__92717_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Cool! I didn't get to play this year either. :(

I was able to earlier in the year, because it was much cooler. Now it no longer 100 degrees outside, it time to play again.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk