Anyone get Sport Illustrated?

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by mccastle, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mccastle

mccastle Member

Got your copy yet for this week? Does the picture of Jimmie on the cover creep you out? Looks really weird. I have know idea how to size down the pic if I scanned it.

2. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

Isn't that the magazine with the 'cover curse'? You get on the cover and for a year you have bad luck.

Hey, this good be good for next season! :p

3. mccastle

mccastle Member

True that. Also winning the daytona 500 and being on the cover of Madden are curses.

4. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

Oh yeah....forgot those. :eek:

5. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

yyeee hhaawwww!

6. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

Hi Carrie:

I don't know how to make the picture smaller on here either, below is a link of where I saw it. Saved me from buying the copy :)

The Daly Planet

7. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

He looks old. And he's missing his red cape and big S on his chest :p :hah:

8. That cover was just freaky, I hope the curse crosses his path, not another Johnsonriffic year.

9. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

Honestly, I think JJ winning another championship would be bad for nascar. At this point....just to help the sport....it would be best if Dale Jr. won next year. Especially if it were close. And if it was close with Kyle Bush. :p

Either that or Mark Martin winning it. Which might be even better.

Either of those scenerios would make a lot of fans forget the usual nascar b.s. for a while.

10. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

The JR Nation might gimme the boot(but a I been booted before), but I would love to see Mark win it and give Jack the proverbial finger IN a Chevy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ignore:

11. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

OH YEAH! Any time someone can give Jack the finger is fine with me. It would be even better if he did it in a toyota! ;)

12. Roush better watch himself, he is beginning to really look like an ass in the garage.

13. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

beginning to? :p

14. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

Oh geez!! lol

15. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

This Jr Nation girl would rather see Jr win one :)

16. nafddur

nafddur Member

His only race win in recent memory was a fuel mileage fluke. I doubt a championship is in the cards for this guy - he won't even be on the stage (yet again) this year in NYC!

17. antsie

antsie Well-Known Member

I'm aware of his fuel mileage win and I'm ok with that. As they say, a win is a win however you get to the checkered flag. Besides...........he is not the only driver to win a fuel mileage race in recent memory either.

As far as NYC goes, before the end of the season he was on Moody's show, and when asked about it, he didn't seem to really care about being on stage anyway. Personally, I don't think he is comfortable wearing a Tux and would rather stay home :p

18. Easy Money

Easy Money Active Member

Hater.:nana:

19. mghtx

mghtx 2000 Man

AMEN! That's one of the reasons I like him. When he decided to leave DEI I gained a lot of respect for Jr.

20. mccastle

mccastle Member

If you win "most popular" don't you go to the banquet? Seems like I remember him walking the red carpet last year.