Anybody here Twitter?

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Amsterdam in the Rockies
JonE1975 :D

For those with iPhones TwitterFon is a nice little app that you can use to send tweets and follow others. TwitterBerry for you blackberry types. I follow Lance Armstrong, Leo Laporte, Orbitcast, and a few other unknowns whose blogs I read regularly.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Come on IdRatherBeSkiing... Don't leave us hanging, We're anxiously awaiting your first tweet, or whatever they call it. ;)
I'm still trying to figure out how conversations work. I seem to be getting 1/2 of the ones from people I am following. I don't seem to be seeing the other 1/2 of the conversation which makes it rather confusing. Plus I some of the people I want to respond to are not following me so what is the point in that?

JonE1975 :D

For those with iPhones TwitterFon is a nice little app that you can use to send tweets and follow others. TwitterBerry for you blackberry types. I follow Lance Armstrong, Leo Laporte, Orbitcast, and a few other unknowns whose blogs I read regularly.
I follow Orbitcast, TSS, and Brent Spinner (he was the only celeb that I recognized and wanted (sort of) on the initial screen). I also follow some Sirius XM channels which was kind of neet at the time but tends to clutter my screen now so its not as neet as it was when I first did it.

To make a Twitter URL you just add your user name after twitter.com?

So I am IdRatherBeSki I think.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i follow my local news, the white house, eagles, and the onion. oh and phish.

i never write anything.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Maybe its just me getting older, but i really dont get it. Isnt it just extremely self-indulgent?

Someone enlighten me...:D
Twitter isn't extremely self-indulgent. The average level of self-indulgence has risen to make Twitter only moderately self-indulgent.

Santa Claus is elf-indulgent.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Twitter.com/jeremymlucas for my personal account full of hilarious insights.

Twitter.com/BieberBashing to watch me bash in the head of pre-teen girls and stupid pop stars.

2 Twitters, that's CRAZY!:shock:

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA
Actually, I joined Twitter about a month ago, as the County Parks and Rec's are on Twitter now, and they instantly Twit when they cancel, or postpone a game. I haven't posted anything, and don't plan to.

Does anyone know a good news feed that doesn't update twice a hour? I tried out CNN, but, it just got to be irritating. Kind of like maybe "Headlines of the Day" type stuff?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Does anyone know a good news feed that doesn't update twice a hour? I tried out CNN, but, it just got to be irritating. Kind of like maybe "Headlines of the Day" type stuff?
I'm looking for something similar. Let me know if you find anything. I rely more on RSS feeds to filter my news because of the volume of tweets.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Twitter seems like a lousy choice for news. I use RSS aggregated through Google Reader. It's on all my browsers and my phone.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I dial into the local BBS with my 300 baud modem on my Commodore 64. I started downloading a high-resolution (320 x 200) picture of a topless woman Sunday night and it should be done tonight. I can't wait.