Any hope of "The Heat" lifting censorship one day?

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
I think it will stay family friendly, however I think HHN will at least lift the edited songs out of the playlist. The reason I think the heat won't ever go unedited is because XM had the City and another channel that was edited, so I think the logical thing to do is to edit at least one channel. I just wish families could stick to the hits stations and call it good enough, becaue I will miss hearing todays hh hits unedited like Hotjamz. Even Hotjamz was edited sometimes, but 99% was unedited!

chipmunk

Nov 18, 2008
i actually like that the heat is censored. this way my sons can listen along with me in the car... but the likability ends there :)

they need to revamp their playlist and drop the crossovers.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I just wish families could stick to the hits stations and call it good enough, becaue I will miss hearing todays hh hits unedited like Hotjamz. Even Hotjamz was edited sometimes, but 99% was unedited!

Yes and I am sure families wish you guys would get over your constant complaints about hearing FUCK in a song! Just playing devils advocate, I am not for censorship, but see it from both sides.

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
nope

It was a reason why The Heat was kept over The City. Heat plays more crossover songs than The City plus it was censored for the teenie bops. If The City stayed, it would be more DJ shows and stuff and I guess "Kid" Kelly thought it was enough mixshows on the other channels. Now that HHN is eliminating the R&B songs, I wonder how long that logic will stay.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
DAB if HHN would edit everything I wouldn't have a problem, however there are some tracks that are still unedited and its just confusing. On sirius it was unedited, and now I guess I just wish they had a reason they edited it? I am not bitching anymore about this topic, but if I had children and I chose to listen to HHN I would wonder why Jeezy can say nigga in my president is black song, but can't say it in the vacation song. Just saying.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Sounds like just another case of Sirius getting "The worst of XM". This censoring shit is ALL XM/Clear Channel. It should be called Sirius XM Clear Channel!
And as I said on another thread, how does XM alone get the Groove and we at Sirius, the apparent winners, get nothing but XM garbage!

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
Scott Greenstein addresses this in an interview with Orbitcast posted a couple hours ago.
==============

Let me address The Heat. That channel took the place of Hot Jamz after the channel combination, and Hot Jamz did not play artist- and label-edited songs. I thought it was inappropriate to not have the equivalent choices like Hits 1 and 20on20 for parents and kids listening to that urban channel. So people listening to Hot Jamz started hearing artist- and label-edited songs from The Heat.

Orbitcast Interview with Scott Greenstein - Orbitcast

snakester

Oct 29, 2008
Lovely Seacost NH
Scott Greenstein addresses this in an interview with Orbitcast posted a couple hours ago.
==============

Let me address The Heat. That channel took the place of Hot Jamz after the channel combination, and Hot Jamz did not play artist- and label-edited songs. I thought it was inappropriate to not have the equivalent choices like Hits 1 and 20on20 for parents and kids listening to that urban channel. So people listening to Hot Jamz started hearing artist- and label-edited songs from The Heat.

I love how he tries to say it's not censorship in that interview.

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
==============

What a bullshit artist. I'm calling tomorrow to complain and see if I get a discount. If not, I will probably just cancel. I'm only listening to Howard and he has been censoring himself more and more.

chipmunk

Nov 18, 2008
==============

i would be ok with this IF HHN wasn't censored...

RyanSirius

Oct 11, 2008
Looks like HHN is getting incrementally better. I listened today. Some guy replaced Leo G, and did a mix...The regular rotation was mostly uncensored, and the guy's mixing was good. There is hope...We're not there yet, but hopefully getting closer

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I think you may have caught the Funkregulatacelo, Ryan. He was an XM'er, and had a similar style to Leo G, albeit minus the hacky talking over the tracks, and ad lib type stuff. He'd drop some good sequences at times, but other times was hard to listen to as well. He had a decent G-mixx this week though.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
i would be ok with this IF HHN wasn't censored...

Hip Hop Nation is meant to be a rap station...I Know this is a genre that scares Scott and Mel, but I don't think it should be censored as a good percent of rappers have explict labels on their CDs...and when consumers are faced with the choice of a cleaned up verision, they will take the uncensored version. In fact, because they make so few "censored" copies, places like Amazon end up charging more for them. There is a market, but not enough of one to charge the low sale price! But hey, try telling that to Scott and see if he gives a fu...i mean, darn.