Any guy ever paint their toenails?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I remember coming home one afternoon and my dad was sitting in his easy chair. All my nieces around him. They had put lipstick on him and rouge on his face, bows in his hair. He sat there and let them do it. Suddenly a bird flew into the house from the patio and just landed right on his head. Someone grabbed a camera and snapped a picture. It was the strangest thing. But my dad loved those grandkids so much, they couldn't do any wrong. He of course washed it off and that was a real bonding experience for him and those kids.

I think the assumption that someone allows someone to paint their toe nails means they are automatically gay is just nonsense. Some of you guys amaze me how quickly you jump to such conclusions.

However, I remember my son coming over to see his grandpa one day and he had a little tiny stud in his ear. I was not real pleased about it, but didn't really make a big deal about it because he was now 18 years old. Well my dad went berserk about it, ask him if he was a queer. It really caught us both off guard, I'd never seen my dad act like that. Later, I told him I felt his overreaction was inappropriate, but of course he didn't see it that way. Needless to say it really impacted the relationship between the two of them and I reminded him of that day he sat and let his female grandkids put make-up on his face. I said now how would you have felt when I walked into the room if I had asked you if were queer. He said I'd knocked your ass out! I just laughed, but the point was well made. Later he did apologize to my son because that sort of knee jerk reaction is just stupid.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
You have to think IRON SHEIK when posts like FAGGOT pop up.

maybe I should have wrote YOU ARE GAY AND FAGGOT.

btw, I have no problems with anyone and love all gays.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
What does painting your toe nails have to do with one being gay? There are a lot of goth guys out there that paint their toe nails and finger nails and they aren't gay. Like I said it is just knee jerk reaction.

By the way what is the difference between being gay or using the term you seem use faggot? Isn't the latter just a derogatory term?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Ok now...first you got your pecker pierced, then your nipples, and now you want to paint your toenails? You might as well just get boob implants and start wearing dresses!! :rofl:

Sounds like you have experience! LOL :yesshake:

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
So the Stern Show celebrity count is now at 2.

First we have Marianne from Brooklyn and now we have High Pitch Mike.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I remember coming home one afternoon and my dad was sitting in his easy chair. All my nieces around him. They had put lipstick on him and rouge on his face, bows in his hair. He sat there and let them do it. Suddenly a bird flew into the house from the patio and just landed right on his head. Someone grabbed a camera and snapped a picture. It was the strangest thing.

St Francis of A Sissy?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Wow, what a shit storm this started. Actually I was surfing the net last night and somehow came across a blog where the topic was men painting thier toenails. So I thought I would 'dip' my toe in the water so to speak and see what the thoughts were here. Obviously that sort of thing scares most of you. I don't paint mine ( I admit I've tried it) but it wouldn't bother me if I saw a guy wearing toenail polish. I don't know, maybe I will try a nice metalic green next summer? I do admit that I like a good pedicure, and if that's gay, then I'm gay. Sure is weird someone would enjoy having a foot massage and their feet clean huh?

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I do admit that I like a good pedicure, and if that's gay, then I'm gay. Sure is weird someone would enjoy having a foot massage and their feet clean huh?

OMG you're so gay! LOL!!!! I thought the thread was interesting. It still amazes me how quickly guys take things like this as if their manhood is on the line. Shit like this has absolutely nothing to do with manhood or rather someone is gay or not. Damn guys do crazy shit sometimes just for some fun.

Reactions: blyons200

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
OMG you're so gay! LOL!!!! I thought the thread was interesting. It still amazes me how quickly guys take things like this as if their manhood is on the line. Shit like this has absolutely nothing to do with manhood or rather someone is gay or not. Damn guys do crazy shit sometimes just for some fun.

:bigthumbup:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
What does painting your toe nails have to do with one being gay? There are a lot of goth guys out there that paint their toe nails and finger nails and they aren't gay.

90% of people that paint their toe nails like dudes...lesbians cancel out the 'straight' guys :rofl2:

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I went to my local supermarket recently and the male cashier was wearing full eye shadow and fingernail polish. I got the feeling it wasn't a goth thing.

Intellectually I know my reaction should be WGAS/WGAF. But I must confess I was totally creeped out and disgusted. :eek: Was it because of my own prejudices or insecurities? I guess. As I get older I realize I have become the type of closed-minded geezer I used to despise. I apologize for saying "thank you" when he gave me change while thinking, "You are gay and faggot!"

Damn kids today. Yes, somehow over the years I must have morphed into Archie Bunker 2008 (look it up, kids. And stay the hell off my lawn).