Any Custom Stations like old Sirius Vacation station

Discussion in 'Slacker Radio' started by sthmpsn1, Dec 17, 2008.

1. sthmpsn1

sthmpsn1 New Member

Has anyone created a station like the old Sirius Vacation?

2. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

I haven't, but I love the idea. I wonder if DogStarRadio has some old playlists I could use as a seed...:idunno:

3. hexagram

hexagram Medicinal & Recreational.

I've tried digging through his website and using Google's "site:" power tool and nothing popped up.

He has IM on his website... It says he is away right now, but you could always try sending him a message asking if he has any old playlists when he's online.

4. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

I've emailed him to see if he has any data that old. I'll update the thread when he responds.

The other option is to start with a Radio Margaritaville playlist, weed out the classic rock, and add some Hawiian music artists. But my experience with Slacker is that the better the input you give a station, the better the end result is.

5. hexagram

He's online right now. Someone could IM him and ask... (I would, but Flash is acting up on me)

6. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

I got a response to my email. DSR doesn't have data that old available. I have one other thought...I'll keep you all updated!

7. sthmpsn1

sthmpsn1 New Member

very cool! That was one of my favorite channels on Sirius. Especially this time of year!

8. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

9. hexagram

Don't forget to add Caribbean music... Steel drums and what not. :)

10. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

Well here's a first shot...I'm not really happy with it yet. It gets more mellow than I remember Vacation being.

Tweak it and reshare it.

On Vacation

11. JMII

JMII Member

Some more Reggae (UB40), The Beach Boys and Miami Sound Machine might liven it up.

12. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Member

All good ideas. I've made those artists adds.

If anyone else wants to chime in, I'm open to suggestions.

13. I am not familiar with the station you are trying to mimic from sat radio, but I do like it so far.

I just think it is funny you guys are mimicking sat radio stations. As if you are preparing for the unspoken.......:twitch:

14. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Let me start by saying that I didn't create this station, in fact I may have gotten it from the "Share your Slacker Stations Thread". Either that or from the Slacker forum. But either way, here is a station called "Vacation". Not sure how good it is.

Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations

15. That is a different station then what Road Runner submitted a few posts ago....

16. sthmpsn1

sthmpsn1 New Member

I can't remember, did Vacation play any Sean Paul or Shaggy?

17. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Not hardly! :eek:

18. hank-the-dwarf

hank-the-dwarf Well-Known Member

I went from Fm to Satrad then to internet radio,i liked the idea of the niche channels and mimiced them on slacker and pandora,but they are much better and no dj's:buttrock: