Angry Internet Mobs

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
seems like there is another company/group/person almost ever week that says something pretty harmless and it is blown way out of proportion and picked up by all the sites looking for a sexy, click bait, headline. now sometimes these angry mobs are a good thing. like with cosby. if even 1 of the 20+ women accusing him is telling the truth hes a total douche and deserves everything hes getting. but the flip side is stories like when a comedian makes jokes and people get all up in arms about it. artie comes to mind there.

i started this thread cause i found this article:

Kansas City police apologize for anti-transgender tweetalong - NY Daily News

i like following the kcpd tweet along. they are often enjoyable reading. tell me whats so bad about this:

B5Z7NjUCEAA8m2n.png:large

everyone here knows im a huge supporter of lgbt rights but this isnt about that. they got backlash for being anti trans and had to apologize. i guess they used the words "him/her". also people are saying that they harass the trans community. but it says that the person told the cops she was thinking about whoring that night. so i dont get it. it kinda upsets me when i see stuff like this, a non issue forced into the news.

there are a million more examples of this and im sure ill post new ones when they come up but this story just got me thinking it might be a good topic for the lounge.

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Them. That's what I would call them until they themselves, let officers know their gender.

They could be crossdressers, in which case, they would go by he/him.

If they are trans, they would go by she/her.

Sadly, quite a few transwomen have to resort to prostitution to make ends meet (ends meat) & to help fund their (them) transition.

They really should make prostitution legal. It's not their (them) fault johns don't get enough ass at home that they need to go out & pay for it.

They (them) are just providing a service. Isn't this a service based economy?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
on the rare occasion internet mobs can be a good thing. its amazing how terrible all these people seem to be.

Westport Car Dealership Messes With Pizza Delivery Guy, Feels Internet’s Wrath - Massachusetts news - Boston.com

i was a delivery guy at one point and there is nothing worse than asshole customers. i used to be happier to get no tip at all rather then deal with rude people.

and this whole story is over $7 between like 5 people ordering. come on guys. and its the dealership that released the video.

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
ehh...some of the comments on the gofund page are about how they could give money to a better cause. i guess thats true but im happy to see this guy get a payday. its not like being a driver makes u big money.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Reactions: semipenguin

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
To be fair, both parties have platforms of convenience like this.
Examples from the other guys aren't coming to mind at the moment.....but I'm sure there were some.....
In an effort to be politics-neutral, I'll offer one up: smoking bans. Getting diseases from eating poorly is OK, being an alcoholic is OK, as long as they can't tell that cigarettes ever existed in their world.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Ahh, but my booze won't cause you cancer if I drink it in the same room as you.
If I get behind the wheel, then there are laws to deal with me causing risk to you.